Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my ETSX back after the rear der snapped. With the new X7 thumb shifters, and
XO rear der I am happy with how it performs. I noticed however that with sharp fast turns and or rear wheel sliding over roots, the rear end seems to wiggle (side ways), am I just imagining this or is it an actual thing? I have never noticed this with my Cannondale Jekyll 600 disc. If ever what would be the description of the kind of link that ETSX has? Blur, intense etc would have VPP, what about the ETSX?

·
Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
1,555 Posts
nonoy_d said:
I noticed however that with sharp fast turns and or rear wheel sliding over roots, the rear end seems to wiggle (side ways), am I just imagining this or is it an actual thing?
I've noticed this to a minor degree, but it's never really bothered me. When you look at the rear suspension compared to other designs you'll probably understand that its a little less laterally stiff due to the design, in particular the raised lower links that replace traditional chain stays. Rocky seems to have made improvements to lateral stiffness with each new model year, but I think it will never be as stiff as a bike with a more traditional rear triangle. To me this is a small price to pay for the great ride characteristics of the ETSX design.

Karl

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear Links

I was looking/Reading Ellsworth Epiphany review, looking at its picture it shows similar upside down rear shock and their similar "walking beam links" as described from the review, although it (Ells Epi) has a lower chainstay.
Although it seems to be minor, I just want to make sure that durability is not the issue. As these are all dynamic parts, you're right the ride is really super.
JD

·
Registered
297 Posts
wiggle

If you grab the seatpostand lift the rear whell off the ground, then shake it a little, do you feel the wiggle? If so, get your rear shock bushings replaced. I've had to do that several times. Just the weakest link of the suspension system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.