Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a turbocharger from eThirteen and my shop is having trouble making it fit and work. It is an ISCG05 model, and the SC website said that is what I needed - what gives?

Anyone have this issue? Is there a mod that I need to have my shop make? This is pissing me off. Any advise would help.

Cheers,

Joe

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
A Turbocharger is a bashguard not a chainguide, so it isn't ISCG anything. Are you sure it isn't an SRS+ chainguide?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
DBY is correct. Santa Cruz clearly states in the Nomad C faq that the SRS+ is a no fit. Try a MRP, Gamut, or Straitline guide for an easy fit. I run a LG1+ on mine but it requires a slight modification.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
this is strange, I asked Phil at e13 time ago about that and this is what he emailed to me...; "The LG1+ can be fit up, but would suffer the same clearance issues with the VPP2 linkage/chainstay area. The SRS+ is actually 3mm narrower near the lower armature, and is also the preferred single ring guide for VPP2 rigs due to the additional clearance. Additionally, the SRS+ can be run without the lower arm as sort of an XCX with bashguard."
May be he'd chime up and clarify this...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so it looks like I will be taking the guide back.

I really want a dual ring guide. Anyone running one on their carbon nomad right now that would make a recommendation?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
but are you trying to fit a SRS+ to work with 2 rings?? SRS+'s are meant to be used as single ring chainguides, if you want a dual ring cg, there are a few threads going on in this forum that talk about this, I'm right now using a e 13 heim 2 with no problems at all....
traverso619 said:
Ok, so it looks like I will be taking the guide back.

I really want a dual ring guide. Anyone running one on their carbon nomad right now that would make a recommendation?

·
Registered
632 Posts
The LG1 works great. Like dogboy said it needs a very small amount of material removal to the back side. it actually fits with no modding but can not be rotated to the correct position with out sanding a couple spots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts