Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
Joined
·
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you've been wondering about the no trespassing signs posted at the entrance to the Esmerelda trail...

These appeared about 3 weeks ago. The Fat Tire Trail Riders have been looking into the issue, and had a talk with the owner of that piece of private property. FYI - mountain bikers are welcome, it's the motos and 4x4s that he wants out of there. If the club gets word on what's best to do about the motos, that information will be posted here and on the club site.

formica
club news: www.fttrc.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
formica said:
In case you've been wondering about the no trespassing signs posted at the entrance to the Esmerelda trail...

These appeared about 3 weeks ago. The Fat Tire Trail Riders have been looking into the issue, and had a talk with the owner of that piece of private property. FYI - mountain bikers are welcome, it's the motos and 4x4s that he wants out of there. If the club gets word on what's best to do about the motos, that information will be posted here and on the club site.

formica
club news: www.fttrc.org
Excellente. :) It would be nice to hear those same words from a lot more of the local landowners. Keep up the good work...and I hope that one of these days I'll be out there to join you on the trail maintenance.
 

·
Don't worry, be happy!
Joined
·
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
if you know of areas with issues, please me/the club know, we are keeping tabs on this stuff. Or trying to. At least making of list of issues. In some cases it's easy answers like this one, others are a lot harder to get to the root of the matter.

I got to talk to a few more landowners around the Beacon area today when I was at the race practice... they are cool with riders, they are NOT cool with people building stunts on private property....without asking....or riding down their driveways...

formica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
formica said:
if you know of areas with issues, please me/the club know, we are keeping tabs on this stuff. Or trying to. At least making of list of issues. In some cases it's easy answers like this one, others are a lot harder to get to the root of the matter.

I got to talk to a few more landowners around the Beacon area today when I was at the race practice... they are cool with riders, they are NOT cool with people building stunts on private property....without asking....or riding down their driveways...

formica
It would be nice for cyclists to have open access to Inland Paper land.
When I last went down the Breckle Creak (sp??) trail on the back of mt spokane, there were all kinds of signs telling people to stay out. I couldn't help but think the signs were not primarily aimed at mtn bikers. Or are they? I know there is a permit available, but I don't see how it's worth it to buy a permit if there isn't a large organized trail system....Also, I'm not sure about this: does the permit cover ALL of the Inland Paper land, or just specific areas?
 

·
Don't worry, be happy!
Joined
·
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brickle Creek is on our list of "issues', so is Marshall Dips ( aka Whoops, Roller Coaster) is another, we've got a list of FS closures that aren't legal...Any time anyone wants to sign up to take on some of these things, we're here to help.

We're just getting started here. :cool:
 

·
ride your bike
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
Mtn Mike said:
:mad: PAB, what are you talking about, don't you know about all the "training" I've been doing. BTW, you missed a good ride this weekend.
YOU missed a good ride, sucka! From west seattle, around alki, up alaskan, climbed queen anne, thru downtown, and back to west seattle (34 mi, lots of hills). With a sushi stop at the end, of course.
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
jubilee said:
YOU missed a good ride, sucka! From west seattle, around alki, up alaskan, climbed queen anne, thru downtown, and back to west seattle (34 mi, lots of hills). With a sushi stop at the end, of course.
:D
oh you're so metro! how can I be more like you??? :p
 

·
ride your bike
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
Mtn Mike said:
oh you're so metro! how can I be more like you??? :p
You can start by washing your ass at least once a week. Start slow, then move up to the hair products and espresso.
:D

Hey, we're prolly doing CdA river trail on Sat. You in? Call my cell.
 

·
Don't worry, be happy!
Joined
·
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
me, I'll be documenting the trail maintenance workshop for all posterity, but that sounds like way more fun. Do it again, soon?

formica
 

·
Don't worry, be happy!
Joined
·
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe you can show for the Bloomsday alternative Beacon Loo on sunday. It's a different trail head. You know where to find me if you need directions.
I've met all the trail builders now, woo-hoo!!!

formica
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top