1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,768 Posts
Phew, that was a relief. I was just curious so I clicked on the link, expecting it to be some over-complicated FS bike.

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
Anyone else interested in this bike? Looks great and seems like a well-sorted design.
I’ve been waiting on this one myself, knew it was coming about a year ago....unfortunately was delayed a bit but is here now!

I had just decided I was going to stay with fat bikes moving forward, this may derail that plan now........as it’s exactly what I’ve been wishing someone made for a couple years!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered one but not totally sure how suited I am for it. I really like the geometry, and also it looks classic. How tough are these frames? Anyone pushing their Hayduke to its limits on chunky stuff and drops and the like? They're discouraging against forking up to 10-20mm on the Japhy, but I think this is worth exploring. Especially for the longer reach sizes. Also for the purpose of bb clearance. Sometimes ultimately it's really only hours riding, and the alchemy of different components that can tell these things. Frame warranty frame shmaranty

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered one but not totally sure how suited I am for it. I really like the geometry, and also it looks classic. How tough are these frames? Anyone pushing their Hayduke to its limits on chunky stuff and drops and the like? They're discouraging against forking up to 10-20mm on the Japhy, but I think this is worth exploring. Especially for the longer reach sizes. Also for the purpose of bb clearance. Sometimes ultimately it's really only hours riding, and the alchemy of different components that can tell these things. Frame warranty frame shmaranty
What color did you get? Be sure to post pics when you get it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well that was fast... looks like the first batch of frames is already sold out.

Edit : I should note that I was only looking at large frames. Other sizes may still be available.

·
old and slow
403 Posts
Well that was fast... looks like the first batch of frames is already sold out.
Pretty much. I hesitated a couple of days and ended up with my third choice, Desolation (white). I really wanted Dawn, but that and the green were sold out in my size (large) when I checked on Friday, so I jumped on white frame. Nothing wrong with white, it's just not a color I've ever chosen for a bike before.

I'm going to go with a Shimano XT drivetrain (when available), Marzocchi Bomber Z2 fork and Magura Trail Sport brakes. I have a newish pair of Roval Traverse 29 Carbon wheels and a Fox Transfer seatpost to use. Hopefully sometime in January I'll have all the pieces to assemble a sweet bike.

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
I procrastinated and missed out on a large myself....:madman:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually chose the desolation before any colors sold out... Agree it's not the frame color I usually think of... some reason it felt like the best one to me. I'm thinking little accents of red, like really little, the writing on my black syntace stem, the red line on my bontrager tires, even the o ring on the fork, maybe the yellow maxxis letters, also saw some Burgtec spacers for under stem with yellow.... Maybe fork out some extra $ for a Hellbender BB with the little bit of yellow there... Then maybe some raw metal here and there might look nice with the white.... Otherwise looks good with black anything. I'll keep thinking about this until I can actually ride it :) One Up dropper I think

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have any of you that ordered a frame received a shipping notification?

I ordered a frame last week but haven’t seen a tracking number yet. I pinged Esker and it sounds like they are working through a backlog of orders but they didn’t give me any estimate on when things might ship.

·
Registered
9 Posts
by Christmas would be sweet but I am not banking on that... I think I read that frame-only orders are expected to go out within a week or two... I really love the feeling of a frame just as is, it'll be cool to take a good look at it, def gonna put it under the tree for a ceremonious Christmas shred signal if possible

·
old and slow
403 Posts
Have any of you that ordered a frame received a shipping notification?

I ordered a frame last week but haven’t seen a tracking number yet. I pinged Esker and it sounds like they are working through a backlog of orders but they didn’t give me any estimate on when things might ship.
I ordered last Friday and have not heard anything since the order confirmation. I'm not really surprised with the holiday and the rush of orders. My previous communications with Tim Krueger when I bought my Advocate Seldom Seen drop bar frame prepared me to be patient. While he was never forthcoming with lots of
interim information updates, he always came through with what he promised. I'd like to know more, but I'm not concerned.

Looks like it will be well into January before many of the parts I need to build it up will be available anyway.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I just ordered a Medium in Desolation. I am a sucker for white... been looking for a do-it-all hardtail for a while, something I can do some endurance racing and also longer bikepacking trips on. I think this is going to be perfect.

I plan to swap all of my parts over and ride it for a couple weeks to see if I want to make it my main ride, or built it into a second bike. I anticipate my current parts being swapped onto this thing will probably make me fall in love enough to sell the full squish frame. We will see.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a tracking number last night. Esker didn’t email me, but it showed up when I clicked on the “check status” link in the original order email this morning.

It has been about 2 weeks since I placed the order fwiw.

·
old and slow
403 Posts
I got an email this afternoon with a tracking number.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts