Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Yes, they work fine. I've even used the "Racer's Edge" version for endurance racing without any problems. The grips will be the least of your concerns by the time the finish comes around.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
I use the "super" Chunky version (just a bit thicker). They work great, but honestly, like JMS said, grips won't be your primary concern at the end!

Caveat: Unless you run lock-ons. The rubber layer is so much thinner, they don't give enough (any?) cushion. Not ideal for 8 hours or more.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got 1 hundred miler under the belt, just getting some feedback for some long rides this summer. thanks
how is the Czar treating you?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to here. Picked up a Pivot Les 275 last month. Looking forward to some local races on it and hopefully next year hitting the Cascade 100 miler next year on a Czar. Good luck with your racing this year.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Good to here. Picked up a Pivot Les 275 last month. Looking forward to some local races on it and hopefully next year hitting the Cascade 100 miler next year on a Czar. Good luck with your racing this year.
Les 275 is fast. A buddy of mine who is otherworldly raced one to 3rd overall in the Trans Portugal last year.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm in for the Butte 100 and Capitol Forest 100 this year. The toughest and easiest 100s I've ever done, respectively. Glad they aren't in the other order!

Big derail, but since it's your thread, I'll ask what is going on over there in the White Clouds? That's your Labor Day stomping grounds, right? Mrs. Kosmo saw something in the Ketchum paper when we were over there a few weeks ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts