Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you won a second place prize in the Escape Adventures trip give away? I got an e-mail stating I got second place, 1 free trip with the purchace of any trip at regular price or 50% off any trip from now til October. Just curious if you got the same e-mail.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got the it

I got the same email. It said the second place winner didn't claim the prize.

·
Registered
520 Posts
clarkgriswald

Got it too. I called the number, didn't give my name, just mentioed the email. And they said yes I did win. They never even bothered to verify my info, before I said I couldn't make the trip. Pretty odd.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a marketing ploy, we will be seeing more e-mail from them in the future i'm sure as well as all who entered to win the free trip...so who won the "free" trip and was the grand prize winner? We know we all got second place. It's ironic that I leave for a Western Spirit trip in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey,

which trip are you going on ? I just came back from the Colorado Singletrack about 3 weeks ago. Killer singletrack but coming from Maryland I was sucking a lot of wind the first three days.

Have fun on your trip

dhz

minkhiller said:
It's a marketing ploy, we will be seeing more e-mail from them in the future i'm sure as well as all who entered to win the free trip...so who won the "free" trip and was the grand prize winner? We know we all got second place. It's ironic that I leave for a Western Spirit trip in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dhz said:
Hey,

which trip are you going on ? I just came back from the Colorado Singletrack about 3 weeks ago. Killer singletrack but coming from Maryland I was sucking a lot of wind the first three days.

Have fun on your trip

dhz
I'm doing Bryce to Zion, nowhere near the elevation you had to face. How was the food and service?

·
Registered
100 Posts
minkhiller said:
I'm doing Bryce to Zion, nowhere near the elevation you had to face. How was the food and service?
The food is awesome. You'll probably gain weight from eating the good food they cook up. It ranges from grilled salmon to dutch oven lasagna for dinner. And for breakfast french toast, buttermilk pancakes, sausauge, bacon. I could go on and on about the food.

The guides are the best. you'll have a blast out there.

·
Map Maker
1,244 Posts
I won!!!

minkhiller said:
How many of you won a second place prize in the Escape Adventures trip give away? I got an e-mail stating I got second place, 1 free trip with the purchace of any trip at regular price or 50% off any trip from now til October. Just curious if you got the same e-mail.
I got the email too - it looks like a good deal if you are into that kind of thing.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Me too

I got "won" the second place prize as well. I agree it is a marketing ploy.

How are their trips and the other people on them? I'd like to do one (see, the marketing ploy is working on me), but none of they guys I ride with either have the time or the cash for a trip.

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
I didn't get second...

...but took a tour with them last year; Rocky Mountain Single Track tour. I'm in the pic posted on that page of their website. I guess competition in the mtb tour industry is fierce. The only reason I didn't do it again this year was the birth of my daughter in July. It would really suck hearing about the birth of my first child via cell phone during the trip and not getting the chance to be there when she was born, not to mention how pissed my wife would be for the lack of support.
But I highly recommend it! In fact you second place winners should take advantage of this and do an Escape tour with a better half or pal and split the discount 50-50. Half price tour aint bad. The marketing people and the tour guides are different groups. The guides on my tour were awsome. One, Jacques, was a five star hotel chef/mountain biker (with exceptional riding skills) the other, Nikki, a little powerhouse on wheels, who was easy on the eyes too.
The Rocky Mountain tour was very cool! Everyday they shuttle you to the top of Brian Head and you ride all the different single track down. I climb the mountains in Pisgah every chance I get. Its a vacation and expensive one at that, you should enjoy the shuttling, eating, scenery, single track. Save the climbing for your own time when you aren't paying some else for the ride to the trail head.
To answer the poster's question above - yeah its worth it - the other people are cool - there's always a fastest guy, a slowest guy, a hot chick with some loser and a father/son team - I went with a friend (riding pal) and we still talk about that trip and about doing another.

Attachments

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
minkhiller said:
Yes, I got it too. What's funny is that I have been shopping around for a trip out west. So I got excited! Then I read the email and realized that it is spam. Now I have crossed Escape Adventures off of my list. I don't respect that kind of marketing. Makes me wonder how I would be treated on a trip (as a sucker for a fake trip giveaway).
Western Spirit looks awesome. It's that or just do my own thing.
That Bryce to Zion trip looks incredible. I am very jealous! I am eyeing the Copper Canyon Mexico trip... but with a kid due this fall, it's not likely...

·
Banned
824 Posts
sad

jh_on_the_cape said:
Yes, I got it too. What's funny is that I have been shopping around for a trip out west. So I got excited! Then I read the email and realized that it is spam. Now I have crossed Escape Adventures off of my list. I don't respect that kind of marketing.
Good on ya. If you ever need any help in planning a trip out West on your own instead of using those lamers (or any other cattle-drive tour company), drop me a line.

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
father/son team
Yup.

Escape adventures is awesome. My dad took me on two trips with them. I am cool with organizing it myself, but my dad has a super busy and stressful job, so he just wants to fly out there and chill and ride, and both trips have been sweet. Look out there might be 3 of my pictures in their 2005 brochure.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I e-mailed them to find out if I was 1st 2nd place or maybe 10th 2nd place....I really need to know so I can predict my future luck with lottery tickets and such.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Excape are a bunch of TOOLS

my experience was crappy one with them ....WSC is the way to go ...period fu*k there underhanded marketing ploy ...not good PR ...dont you think??

Scott

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Yup me too

minkhiller said:
I was just coming out here to post and ask the same question. My email client thought it was spam, and it was right. While it is a good marketing ploy, I think it is pretty dishonest of them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.