Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had these grips for a few weeks. The grip is fantastic but I'm having trouble with the bar ends. I've never used the bar ends before so feel a but lost with them. How should I set them up?

a) Flat and pointing away towards the front wheel

b) Pointing upwards towards the peak of my helmet to give extra height

Also what is the correct way to hold them, I seem to rest my thumb on the top of the barend as if holding a gear stick.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

·
Hoosier
442 Posts
Not sure there is an absolute way to hold them, I'd go with whatever feels most comfortable and in control. As far as how to set them up they should be at a forward angle, i usually have mine at about a 45 degree angle. The exact angle is just preference, how far you want to lean forward. Hope this helped.

·
Ergon Bike
884 Posts
saga said:
Had these grips for a few weeks. The grip is fantastic but I'm having trouble with the bar ends. I've never used the bar ends before so feel a but lost with them. How should I set them up?
Set them up which feels best for you. There is no "magic" spot. A good spot to start is level...then tilt the barend up just a bit. Enough so, that if you rest on it you do not feel like you are going to slip off the from of it.

As far as gripping the barends, check out these photos...

Jeff
Ergon USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.