1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
248 Posts
I haven't tried those exact ones, but I do ride with the Ergon GP1. I think the Ergon's may be the original version. I love them, but not everybody does. You do have to get the angle right though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I like the look of the Weanas grips but not sure how the end hooks will feel on the pinkys. I guess grips are cheap enough to try a couple. The Ergon biocork look really nice. Any tips on size? Large I assume most popular?

·
slow
7,748 Posts
I've used the Ergon GS2 for many years. The key to setup is to snug them up, but not tighten them completely. Leave them slightly loose so that you can play with the angle of the wing a bit until you settle on the best position for you. I started out with them too flat, but have now found an optimal position for me with the wing angled more downward than might be expected.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My grips arrived today. They seem to be very nice. The length is definitely different than the OE Bontragers. Shorter overall length yet they install "longer" is the best way to put it. They end up pushing on deeper so I had to move my controls inward a good bit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My grips arrived today. They seem to be very nice. The length is definitely different than the OE Bontragers. Shorter overall length yet they install "longer" is the best way to put it. They end up pushing on deeper so I had to move my controls inward a good bit.
So how do you like riding with them? Has it made things more comfortable?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I bounced back and forth between the GP1s and the Scott grips that came on my new bike. I initially thought the Scott grips had a little more cushion, but after a couple rides, I switched back to the GP1s due to some wrist soreness. The original "wing" position of the GP1s was angled somewhat downward. I rode around a bit with them hand tight as suggested above and settled on a near flat position to get more of my palm on the grip. I'll know more after my Thursday and Sunday rides.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I bounced back and forth between the GP1s and the Scott grips that came on my new bike. I initially thought the Scott grips had a little more cushion, but after a couple rides, I switched back to the GP1s due to some wrist soreness. The original "wing" position of the GP1s was angled somewhat downward. I rode around a bit with them hand tight as suggested above and settled on a near flat position to get more of my palm on the grip. I'll know more after my Thursday and Sunday rides.
Holy crap! 20 minutes into my ride last night my sit bones were killing me! It was because of the grip position. The flat position was pulling me forward in the cockpit and I wasn't sitting correctly on the seat.

I angled the grips downward again, and the pain went away immediately. Unfortunately, my palms and wrists were a little sore at the end of the ride. I just wish these grips had a little more cushion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.