Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll, I've searched extensively, and have seen ERD's quoted of 532mm, 539mm and a few in between.

Anyone know the true, traditional ERD of the XM719 Disc rim? (that will work in the dt spoke calculator?) Can you quote a reliable source?

Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
it uses the same extrusion as the 819, but doesnt need the 16mm nipple or eyelet. 819disc erd = 532, therefore, it should be about 538. though it could be anywhere between 536 & 539 due to the lack of reliable sources.

best way to find out...measure it to be safe.

·
Banned
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perpetrator said:
Mavic says it is 536.
....for spoke support diameter.

So....add 3mm to get an ERD of 539mm.

Ooo...but that's on the rim brake version. I'm looking for the disc version.

Thanks though.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure why you want to add 3mm? I understand spoke support diameter to be to the back side of the eyelet (where the nipple is supported). That is the dimension I always use from Mavic and haven't ever had a problem using it to calculate spoke lengths. That's the dimension you'd measure with the Wheelsmith kit using the two sticks. Here's the specs for the XM719 Disc (it's functionally the same), sorry I grabbed the wrong one the first time.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
350 Posts
imho, if you use the ssd youll be on the short side, but you do not need to add 3, you can probably add two and be fine. not all spokes are made in all sizes and not all bike shops have all in stock. if you did 2 calculations, one using 538, and the other using 539 everything inbetween would be allowable tolerances. the idea is you can go >1 mm longer and not run out of threads. and you can go l >1 mm shorter and still get desireable thread contact. it is preferable to use a 254mm when you get 253.6, but a 253 does work. if you get 253.4, spoke calc might round it down to 253, but a 254'll do just fine if thats all your lbs has in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.