Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
since 4/10/2009
31,492 Posts
Yep, they are so tolerant. We have a huge problem here with horse riders. Always making false claims and destroying trails on purpose then sending photos to the land managers about what the bikers did. I actually was arrested 4 years ago because of these tools. They called the Sheriff and told him I had assaulted them at the local park. They came to my place of business and arrested me. Funny thing is that I never saw a horse or even a person on the day in question, but I had to hire an attorney. The case was thrown out and it cost me $1000 in fees. Now on, I do not stop for horses, I do not get out of their way.
That situation sounds ripe for a countersuit to recover court costs due to a false claim.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Do equestrians feel at all badly about putting their weight on the horse's back? At one time people rode out of necessity. Now they do this to horses for their own amusement. My bike could not care less about my weight.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Do equestrians feel at all badly about putting their weight on the horse's back? At one time people rode out of necessity. Now they do this to horses for their own amusement. My bike could not care less about my weight.
They may believe that they are 'at one' with nature, thus dismissing cyclists as an outlaw group of sorts. The fact is, they do noticeably more damage to trail systems than any other use,r barring motorized vehicles. Damn hippies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts