Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTF is going around here lately?

Not long ago the only reason I'd think a Merry Christmas thread would run for a whole week with new post every minute or so would be (1) fantastic ride shots (2) ride reports of the next gen RFX, (3) some R&D-style heated technical debate on the merits of something (DW / bottom bracket height / suspension tweeks / pedals / who knows what).

Nope. The main agenda on the forum seems to be (1) personal insults, (2) really mean personal insults, (3) debates about personal insults, (4) heck even polls to choose which personal insult you want.
Everything else is playing 2nd fiddle.

Geez. Talk about an enthusiasm killer.

We are privileged to be enjoying ourselfs on the trails. With fantastic bikes. And loving them. And brainstorming how to get them better and not worse (which is hard when the starting point is real high). And the fact that there is so much differing opinions here on technical aspects is one of the things that make this forum so good. So MtnBiker123 constantly debates DW/TNT but tackles issues which really interest me (not to mention those fantastic stoke pictures). Jayem drives me crazy but opens my eyes constantly. Saar is so much better than I will ever be. And the fact that DT listens and tries to make sense of it all and shares his thoughts is just awesome in my book.

Overall we (well at least I) have become a better, more knowledgable, more capable rider from listening in on all this. Even if I don't agree. And l have found myself trying stuff I never thought I would and ultimately changing my mind quite often as well.

Get over the personal bait crap. Just go out and ride.

·
Registered
Top Fuel
1,674 Posts
tald said:

Not long ago the only reason I'd think a Merry Christmas thread would run for a whole week with new post every minute or so would be (1) fantastic ride shots (2) ride reports of the next gen RFX, (3) some R&D-style heated technical debate on the merits of something (DW / bottom bracket height / suspension tweeks / pedals / who knows what).

Nope. The main agenda on the forum seems to be (1) personal insults, (2) really mean personal insults, (3) debates about personal insults, (4) heck even polls to choose which personal insult you want.

We are privileged to be enjoying ourselfs on the trails. With fantastic bikes. And loving them. And brainstorming how to get them better and not worse (which is hard when the starting point is real high). And the fact that there is so much differing opinions here on technical aspects is one of the things that make this forum so good. So MtnBiker123 constantly debates DW/TNT but tackles issues which really interest me (not to mention those fantastic stoke pictures). Jayem drives me crazy but opens my eyes constantly. Saar is so much better than I will ever be. And the fact that DT listens and tries to make sense of it all and shares his thoughts is just awesome in my book.

Overall we (well at least I) have become a better, more knowledgable, more capable rider from listening in on all this. Even if I don't agree. And l have found myself trying stuff I never thought I would and ultimately changing my mind quite often as well.

Yeah, I was gonna harass you about spelling "apocalypse" wrong, but your point is so spot-on, I will refrain :thumbsup:

·
Large member
2,751 Posts

tald said:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hey

Ben! Good to 'see' a happy face around here! Sorry to see the valley gets more snow than you are used to, do you ski any? Some skins and BC gear and at least you will get some gravity reward after the climb.

Happy New Year.

DT

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
turnerbikes said:
Ben! Good to 'see' a happy face around here! Sorry to see the valley gets more snow than you are used to, do you ski any? Some skins and BC gear and at least you will get some gravity reward after the climb.

Happy New Year.

DT
What he needs is a nice Turner snow bike Dave...hint hint :) I'll be happy to be the prototype tester for it since you don't have snow there.

Larry
www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
330 Posts
In about an hour my Flux is going to become a snow bike (whether she likes it or not) because I need to ride and can't drive down the mountain today. No mods, just a baklava and hopefully increased capability for suffering due to lack of riding lately.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
sandblast said:
In about an hour my Flux is going to become a snow bike (whether she likes it or not) because I need to ride and can't drive down the mountain today. No mods, just a baklava and hopefully increased capability for suffering due to lack of riding lately.
MMMMmmmmmm, good choice...I LOVE Baklava!! ;) :D

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I don't know if the OP has studied the historical perspective enough to notice it, but most winters get like this on this forum. I generally leave in mid fall and check back in in the spring.

Larry and 6thElement are right. A good fatbike is where it's at.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,487 Posts
tscheezy said:
I don't know if the OP has studied the historical perspective enough to notice it, but most winters get like this on this forum. I generally leave in mid fall and check back in in the spring.

Larry and 6thElement are right. A good fatbike is where it's at.
Holy review tscheezyman :thumbsup:

I'd love a fatbike, just no real opportunity to use it where I live :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.