Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
MTB Coyote
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when are you lucky Epiphany owners going to post a review ? Someone needs to get in there and get those reviews started! Come on guys you must have a few (Ells) worthy assessments for the rest of us ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
410 Posts
VinceTT said:
My Epi', one of the first in France!
Very nice ride...Please tell us how the X fork works out with the Epi!
The large looks sick, I waivered between the 17" & 19" and ended up with the 17". I do wonder how the 19" would have effected the handling, but for where i ride (tight & technical with few long downhills) I think the 17" is nice. I look foward to seeing a 19" in person though.

Good luck with the new ride, you'll love it!

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
All I know so far is...

The green ones ARE pretty light. This one's a large.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Bob, you did get yourself an Epiphany!!!

Sweet! Please, a ride report comparing the Epiphany and Moment as soon as possible!

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
ahimanic said:
Bob, you did get yourself an Epiphany!!!

Sweet! Please, a ride report comparing the Epiphany and Moment as soon as possible!
Some of the build will be coming off the Moment. I'll probably have to wait a week or so to have the Epiphany completely built up. It's going to drive me crazy!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
Some of the build will be coming off the Moment. I'll probably have to wait a week or so to have the Epiphany completely built up. It's going to drive me crazy!
I'll be looking forward to your review. Should be interesting to hear how the Epiphany compares to the Moment.

·
Registered
727 Posts
At 5.6 pounds the Epiphany weighs the same as the Truth! I think my wife's xsmall Truth w/ Float R is 5.5 pounds. Perhaps the RP3 has trimmed some weight too if that is what is on the frame.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
chad1433 said:
:eek: The forsaken Moment! Oh the humanity...
Well, I've got some silly light stuff on the Moment like XTR cranks, shifters, rear derailleur and brakes that are just asking to be used on a lighter bike. They'll be replaced by XT cranks, SRAM X.9 and Juicy 7's with 8 inch front and 7 inch rear rotors. Horses for courses and all that. Check back later for the full details.

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,118 Posts
Bob - Can't wait to hear what you think about the Epi. Should be a sweet ride. It will be really interesting how it compares with the Moment. That green really is good looking and light!

·
Registered
49 Posts
PAINpusher said:
Very nice ride...Please tell us how the X fork works out with the Epi!
The large looks sick, I waivered between the 17" & 19" and ended up with the 17". I do wonder how the 19" would have effected the handling, but for where i ride (tight & technical with few long downhills) I think the 17" is nice. I look foward to seeing a 19" in person though.

Good luck with the new ride, you'll love it!
Fram Ellsworth Epiphany
Shock Fox RP3 + vis titane
Fork Fox Float XTT
Direction Chris King
Stem Thomson Elite XC
Handlebar Race Face Next
Grip Odi Rampage
Seat post Thomson
Saddle SDG Bel Air TI
Crankset Race Face Deus XC
Pedals Xpedo MF1 Ti-Ti
Derailleur rear SRAM X.0
Derailleur front SRAM X-Gen
Shifter SRAM Triggers X.0
Wires Clarks Pre-lube
Brakes Avid Juicy carbone
Wheels Spinergy Xyclone Disc
Tires Schwalble Noby Nic 2.25

The X fork works great with the Epi'! It's like a Float 130 in the downhill, but more efficient for pedaling.

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
I would think you'd need long cage if you're going to be running three rings up front. The med. and short cage derailleurs are for two and three ring set ups

You can't run a Shimano rear der. and SRAM shifters unless you get the 2:1 actuation ratio components, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
410 Posts
rm_racer said:
hey painpusher, how tall are you? there is a possible epiphany in my future, and i'm 5'11. debating between the 17 and 19 inch frames.
Hi RM, I'm 6'. But le tme ask you, what is your exact inseam (measured CORRECTLY) and what are you currently riding? (including size of frame, stem, and seat post). I'll offer you some insight once I hear your measurments...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ellsworth Demo

Ellsworth was in our neck of the woods on Saturday with a small demo fleet on hand. Ahimanic got to demo Epiphany for a loop ride. I stole some time with the bike and here's what I thought.

The Epiphany rides like a long travel Truth. It pedals very similar to the Truth, climbs very well and stays on tract. I was able to clear a steep rutted slope with some loose rocks pretty easily. Descending on the bike felt plush and stable. It was a little twitchy in my opinion, but then, I've been riding a Nomad for the last couple of months. On singletrack, the bike flows and feels comfortable from the get go. It did not take much time to adjust to the bike. I'd recommend the Epiphany to someone who's looking for more than the Truth but doesn't catch air more than 3 ft. The Moment definitely feels more confidence inspiring for that.

Misc info, I'm 6ft, 160 lbs. I rode a Med Epiphany with Fox RP3 shock and Fox Talas XTT fork with 2.1 Kenda Nevegals F&R.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts