Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of photos of me during a recent 6 hr Epic. I competed in the solo category and managed to catch (and pass) the leading rider on our last (12th) lap. What an awesome bike for epic riding: fast, efficient and comfortable....SWEET!

cheers, Thumb

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tburger said:
NICE! What an appropriate number... "1".
I don't know why they gave me that number plate, and it was especially ironic since i started the race in last place (i was off answering the call of nature when they started the race). This was actually a blessing in disguise since i needed to pace myself and starting late avoided all of that early-race, adrenalin- fueled, hammer mentality that always happens int he first lap.

Zep rules, thats my favorite jersey :thumbsup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chad1433 said:
No way - it's the purple shorts! Love it!
OK, now you're just making fun, while you're at it don't forget to mention the pink(ish) helmet or the orange gloves ;)

obviously style is not my strong suit, but i don't care

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zakster said:
What wheels you running Thumbies? They look like Crossmax XL's.
good eyes, yep they're XL's with the new non-tubeless SWS Nevegals (2.1 DTC) with Stans. The SWS (sidewall shield) is impregnated with these super-reflective particles...looks really neat with flash photography...and would probably confuse motorists if riding at night.

I'm liking this tubeless thing, though initial setup can be finicky. My next set of wheels will most likely be 819's laced to Hope Pro II (i can't stand the incessant buzzing of CK or I9 hubs).

Thumb

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
seibukan said:
Is that an M-Frame?
How tall are you?
How much does it weigh with a pike?
Are you happy with that fork?

Thanx 4 answering my questions and congrats
yep, medium, i am 5'10", i dunno how much it weighs but its definitely light enough for me :) but then again i am not a weight-weenie, i just like quality stuff that works, hence the coil Pike, Avid BB7's SRAM X-7 etc.

Yes, i am delighted with this fork. my last RS product was a Psylo and man have they ever improved! I prefer the Pike over the Fox products that i have had (3 vanillas, 1 TALAS). I especially love the Maxle, how easy it is to use and how it stiffens the front end.

Thumb

·
Registered
292 Posts
thumbies said:
yep, medium, i am 5'10", i dunno how much it weighs but its definitely light enough for me :) but then again i am not a weight-weenie, i just like quality stuff that works, hence the coil Pike, Avid BB7's SRAM X-7 etc.

Yes, i am delighted with this fork. my last RS product was a Psylo and man have they ever improved! I prefer the Pike over the Fox products that i have had (3 vanillas, 1 TALAS). I especially love the Maxle, how easy it is to use and how it stiffens the front end.

Thumb
Yep I find the Pike and Crossmax combo pretty good! :thumbsup:
Still holding up well despite some pretty dodgy landings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.