Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am new to the XC racing and I want to purchase an Epic.
My problem is what size I shout get.
I am 5'10 and I currently ride a Specialized s-works M2 17.5 or 18"(top tube is about 595mm). It fits me well, but the Epic geometry is a bit different.
Could anyone recommend a size for me for the Epic? I think that I should go either with the M or L.
Thank you,
Alessandro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Epic Size

Everyone is different in the style of riding that they do but my situation is very similar to yours. I was riding a '98 M2 stumpy comp 17.5 inch. It fit me well. Test rode the '05 Epic Marathon Med and Lg. No question the Lg was the size for me. I am 5'11 by the way. Good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
desouza said:
Hey guys,
I am new to the XC racing and I want to purchase an Epic.
My problem is what size I shout get.
I am 5'10 and I currently ride a Specialized s-works M2 17.5 or 18"(top tube is about 595mm). It fits me well, but the Epic geometry is a bit different.
Could anyone recommend a size for me for the Epic? I think that I should go either with the M or L.
Thank you,
Alessandro
FWIW, my crotch to floor measurement is 78.5 cm and I ride a size M Epic with 175 mm crankarms. Though I haven't measured it exactly, there appears to be about 5 cm of seatpost left before reaching the "insert limit" line on the stock post -- plenty, but close. I'm also riding a 120 mm stem with 5 degree rise and am not even all that stretched out. My guess is you're right on the border line, and could probaby use an L.

MartyLane

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
I ride a Large,

and I am about your size (5' 11" ish), the medium top tube felt a little too short (I still use a 130mm stem on my Large to give you an idea). But as others say, if you can test both please do... if the dealer doesn't have them in stock you could try the stumpy hardtail which has a very similar geometry to the epic (depending on the model year they might be similar to your Sworks too).

Good luck,
Cris

·
Registered
72 Posts
desouza said:
Thank you,
Alessandro
I am exactly 5'10" and the medium fits me perfectly. I have a 32" inseam and I ride with a 105mm stem. I could ride a large but the medium is just right. It gives me the right balance in all conditions. You'll love the Epic. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.