Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it would be a good forum to post some pictures of your epics and upgrades. How light you guys built em up. Heres mine 100% stock except a Fizik Gobi XM saddle and SRAM PG990 cassette.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
i just saw an s works 2010 epic in the shop they said w/o pedals it weigh 21.3 out of the box. Enjoy your ride. I have a 07 s works epic. I love it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
mine at the time i picked up the bike 09 epic expert carbon like the one pictured above was 25.8lbs with all the reflectors and I THINK with my old Shimano 959 pedals i cant recall if he weighed it with the pedals or without...

·
Registered
94 Posts
2010 S-Works Epic, size large, stock spec with Time ATAC pedals (steel, not Ti) and Specialized The Captain Control 2.0 tires. 22.9 lbs.

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,244 Posts
chuckji said:
2009 S-Works - 20.4 lbs and still working to reduce more!
How can you go lower from 20 pound full suspension bike? That's hardtail weight man...

I'm a modest 26.2...but starting to trim her down...08 Epic Expert...

·
RiffRaff
429 Posts
The manager at my shop has his $works sitting at a hair over 18.5. It's rediculous. Ti bolts, stans hoops laced to american classic hubs, tubless furious freds, carbon specialized cranks, If iremember correctly his seat post clamp weighs in at a portly 6 grams. He got it to the point that to save any more weight he would have to spend thousands to make a difference.

·
Always pushing harder!!!
1,244 Posts
worthy_4242 said:
26.2?????? Please take off the piano. I love my epic that weighs a boat anchor weight of 23#'s compared to the 20.4 #er
Bone stock...but plan to bring her down to 24's this winter...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts