Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I went and did the COMPLETE Indian Creek loop. I had forgotten how much uphill was involved. This is the first time I have done this trail in a non fall/Winter setting. It was beautiful. I left the apartment with the Single Speed, remembering it wasn't to full of hills HAHAHAHA.... yep that was wrong. I was super stoked to make this full loop, I did have a few little issues however. I blew a flat in the rear and near the end my left crank arm started to come loose ( I think from the climb on the 2.2 miles shortcut to the CT). Next time I am gonna bring the geared bike so I can ride more/walk less. Now to the pics!

Sorry Having issues with Photobucket, I will try to get the pics back up later

·
Newt Guy
833 Posts
Way to go! Looks great. That is one genuine smile!

:D

Go Schwinny! Go Schwinny!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jaysun71 said:
Good pics man..looks like you had a great ride..

The question is..did ya stop at Bud's for a burger? :yesnod:
I did not, is that the place in Pine Nook?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
About time you did the loop! Next time make it bigger and go down Ringtail!:thumbsup: It's a requirement for me now to not miss Ringtail.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kosayno said:
About time you did the loop! Next time make it bigger and go down Ringtail!:thumbsup: It's a requirement for me now to not miss Ringtail.
I know.. I have been a slacker. I want to add Stevens Gulch next time. Maybe I will do ringtail when go out there next

·
Chronic 1st-timer
2,432 Posts
Funrover said:
Today I went and did the COMPLETE Indian Creek loop. I had forgotten how much uphill was involved. This is the first time I have done this trail in a non fall/Winter setting. It was beautiful. I left the apartment with the Single Speed, remembering it wasn't to full of hills HAHAHAHA.... yep that was wrong. I was super stoked to make this full loop, I did have a few little issues however. I blew a flat in the rear and near the end my left crank arm started to come loose ( I think from the climb on the 2.2 miles shortcut to the CT). Next time I am gonna bring the geared bike so I can ride more/walk less. Now to the pics!
No climbing?!
There's 12,000' of it out there, ask ko. :p

Good stuff!

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Cool. We were out there Sat too. Highlight was a group of us chit-chatting at the junction of the 800 ridge and Stephen's Gulch connector when a "blonde" black bear ambled up behind us, generally ignored us, and started knocking logs apart and digging for grubs.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DWF said:
Cool. We were out there Sat too. Highlight was a group of us chit-chatting at the junction of the 800 ridge and Stephen's Gulch connector when a "blonde" black bear ambled up behind us, generally ignored us, and started knocking logs apart and digging for grubs.
YIKES!! :eek: I have heard about many bear sightings on this trail. I heard a lot of rustling when changing my flat, it was eerie enough.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Funrover said:
YIKES!! :eek: I have heard about many bear sightings on this trail. I heard a lot of rustling when changing my flat, it was eerie enough.
Here's a pic Elroy/Funkmaster was able to get of him:

·
Registered
137 Posts
DWF said:
Here's a pic Elroy/Funkmaster was able to get of him:
I'm glad I got as good of a pic as I did. I wanted a better pic, but kept thinking "you don't have to out run a bear, just the slowest person" :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Way Cool!

I ran into a bear and her cub a week ago shortly after starting up the singletrack toward the Trail 800/ CT intersection above Waterton. I ran into what appears to be the same bear and cub tonight at the same time and location on the trail. I think they're heading down for water, but who knows.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Liz Man said:
Way Cool!

I ran into a bear and her cub a week ago shortly after starting up the singletrack toward the Trail 800/ CT intersection above Waterton. I ran into what appears to be the same bear and cub tonight at the same time and location on the trail. I think they're heading down for water, but who knows.
:eek: I am not sure I want to run into a bear and her cub!! Cool to see wildlife, unless they think I am a threat and try to eat me :p :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts