Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
the new flat black look is sick. i kind of like how specialize has chosen to go with flat colors in the past few years. the only beef i have with it is that they're soooo easy to scratch. it seems that without that clear coat ontop, the bare paint is so vulnerable. idk...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmm, I was thinking where is the SRAM XX 11 SPEED S WORKS EPIC, I would like to check out the 11 speed gearing, and clutch rear derailur.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pictures of the 2013 S-Works Epic 29er

Hey guys,

Last Friday was my lucky day. I ran across a demo day for the the 2013 Specialized line near Montréal. Took some pictures of the 2013 Epic S-Works. Here they are.

Note the "Sagotron" with a 0% and 20% setting, right behind the rear shock. Interesting!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hey guys,

Last Friday was my lucky day. I ran across a demo day for the the 2013 Specialized line near Montréal. Took some pictures of the 2013 Epic S-Works. Here they are.

Note the "Sagotron" with a 0% and 20% setting, right behind the rear shock. Interesting!
the wheels don't look like the 2013 i've seen and i thought the black with white letters was gonna be a 1x11

·
Registered
65 Posts
sagotron

what's sagotron? what does it do and how?
thx

Hey guys,

·
Registered
66 Posts
what's sagotron? what does it do and how?
thx
It's a sticker on the frame and post that lets you get the correct sag by adjusting the pressure in the shock until the "20%" sticker on the frame lines up with the sticker on the post.

Edit: The Sagotron is literally two stickers. Nothing more. My fiancée's Myka FSR Comp has it too.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
are there any non-cosmetic differences between the 2012 and 2013 s works models? i'm thinking of picking up a lightly used 2012...want to know if i'd be missing anything. thx

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
are there any non-cosmetic differences between the 2012 and 2013 s works models? i'm thinking of picking up a lightly used 2012...want to know if i'd be missing anything. thx
The main differences are in the suspension:

The 2013 S-Works Epic 29er has a Rock Shox Sid 29 Solo Air brain fork. The 2012 S-Works Epic 29er has a Rock Shox Sid 29 Dual Air brain fork. That's a change across the entire Rock Shox range, not just the Rock Shox/ Specialized brain forks. Whether that's a good thing depends upon your view of Rock Shox Dual Air forks.

The 2013 S-Works Epic 29er has an updated rear brain shock too. Along with the autosag (not a big deal) the 2013 Epic's rear brain shock also has redesigned brain internals apparently, which may be an improvement over the 2012 Epic's rear brain shock.

Epic_Page_3 | Mountain Bike Review

If you get one of the plain black frames then the low paint finish is claimed to be 90g lighter than a painted frame.:)

Specialized Launch 2013 Mountain Bikes - BikeRadar

·
Registered
819 Posts
My 2013 S Works Epic XTR

Just picked up the 2013 version to replace the 2012. Haven't ridden it yet and will be changing grips and front QR to add what t0 I've already changed to lose some weight and will be running tubeless. I will post a ride comparison between the 12 and 13 when I've had a chance. Here's some pictures, though not the best quality.
2013 Epic etc 014 (1024x768).jpg

2013 Epic etc 015 (1024x768).jpg

2013 Epic etc 016 (800x600).jpg

2013 Epic etc 018 (800x600).jpg

2013 Epic etc 019 (800x600).jpg

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sick bike !! Congratulations ! Loving the handlebar.

I see you have a Stumpy FSR 29 aswell and I will be soon getting a 29 Stumpy FSR myself wich will team up with the 2012 Epic 29 I already own. Do you think the two bikes cannibalize with each other ? Isn't the Stumpy a "do it all" bike more than enough for the 29 fun ? Unless of course you do XC race with your Epic. I don't race and I may be ending up in selling the Epic as soon as the Stumpy will arrive,I may put a 26 back in my garage ( gotta try the online german Canyon thing...:D )

1 - 20 of 241 Posts