Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took an Epic Comp Disc for a demo today and am going to purchase. Being 6' 1 and 190 pounds the large frame size is right however I find I am too stretched out in the arms and consequently getting a sore neck when looking up/ahead while riding (if that makes sense). Having longer legs means my seat height is 4 or 5 inches higher than the bars.

The problem was made slightly better by sliding the seat forward but I don't want to mess with the bike's geometry.

Would I be better getting a shorter stem and/or getting a set of low rise bars (rather than the stock flats).

Thanks for any advice.

·
bang
1,290 Posts
risers, shorter stem, stem with a higher angle would help. if there are spacers above the stem, try moving them underneath it. this would also move the bars up, and it wouldn't cost you anything.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 200, and I have 35mm riser bars and a 10 degree stem on mine. Dunno what your Comp has, but my fork is a 100mm Fox. With all of that stuff, my bike sits up more like a Stumpjumper than an XC racer. Its comfortable enough for all-day rides that way while still being pretty fast. Only negative is that it likes to pick up the front wheel on climbs, but nothing you can't handle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.