Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
High Side said:
What about simply expanding the "skills area" next to the biker's lot? I.E. put the see saw back in, maybe a tabletop, etc.
Would love to put the see saw back in, but insurance will not cover it. any other addition to the skills area have to be approved by the park manager. Basically, anything legally done at the park, the park has done through SORBA. There is a MOU b/t the park and SORBA. the park did this to streamline the request process, ie so the park would only have to deal with one group and not have requests coming from all sides. Also, as part of the MOU, the park wants construction to follow IMBA guide lines. SORBA is committed implementing those guidelines.

Anyway, I feel that this would be a great opportunity for some folks to help form a free ride group in the club that could help address these needs. With more people involved, more can get done. I would suggest contacting the SORBA-Huntsville president.

-Rob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad to see someone else that is interested in some freeride obstacles and such. I thought the teeter totter was a really cool addition to the little skills area. Does anyone know the little area across the street from the bikers lot? Its a little grass field not very big. Right before you turn off the main park road to go into bikers lot its on your left. I looked at it and thought it would be a really cool place for a pumptrack or maybe some small dirtjumps. There is a small pile of dirt there that is fun to jump lol, easily amused. Does anyone else think that might be a good idea? Aside from insurance and all the other things that go along with building new stuff.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd be willing to help build some DH/Freeride/Trials type stuff (a course or route), albeit from a trials/offroad unicyclist's point of view; however I do have some limited experience building unicycle trials obstacles in the past. In general though I'm not in big favor of changing the current, overall character of the trail system in Monte Sano State Park.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts