Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 890 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have noticed that almost all models of the 2020 Epic FS are sold-out at the moment.

Will we have a new model ready for the Olympics?

Anyone been able to get some info?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have noticed that almost all models of the 2020 Epic FS are sold-out at the moment.

Will we have a new model ready for the Olympics?

Anyone been able to get some info?
Yes, the new epic is coming this summer. But no pics or prices yet, the first models will come to europe in July.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yes, the new epic is coming this summer. But no pics or prices yet, the first models will come to europe in July.
The Tokyo Olympics are in July, I doubt they will release an un proven rig right at that time.

Its unfortunate but no Olympic contender is riding a Epic

·
Registered
410 Posts
Would think we’ll get a glimpse of prototype testing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would think we’ll get a glimpse of prototype testing.
The info is from a Specialized dealer who got the information from Specialized. I am not making things up. Surely we will see the new bikes this spring. I think that the reach will be a little longer and the head angle 68,5 with the beefier head tube just like the hardtail:)

·
Registered
410 Posts
The info is from a Specialized dealer who got the information from Specialized. I am not making things up. Surely we will see the new bikes this spring. I think that the reach will be a little longer and the head angle 68,5 with the beefier head tube just like the hardtail:)
Didn’t mean to imply you where making anything up. Meant to say we should see some prototype testing soon I’d bet.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
No brain issues anymore. For realz!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dealer event next week, maybe more about Ebikes tho.
If they came out with a new epic what would be new about it? The 2020 models have the new Rockshox Sid ultimate at least in name, the frame is already one of the lightest around. If all they do is slightly alter the head angle...

They need to introduce a new wheelset with it or something but again they have a great wheelset and they aren't progressing to wider tires like Scott is. Scott's new bike will reflect the huge changes the race team is using like 2.4 tires on wide rims, 120mm rear 110 front and perhaps some more integration like the one peice bar stem

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If they came out with a new epic what would be new about it? The 2020 models have the new Rockshox Sid ultimate at least in name, the frame is already one of the lightest around. If all they do is slightly alter the head angle...

They need to introduce a new wheelset with it or something but again they have a great wheelset and they aren't progressing to wider tires like Scott is. Scott's new bike will reflect the huge changes the race team is using like 2.4 tires on wide rims, 120mm rear 110 front and perhaps some more integration like the one peice bar stem
Guarantee they will have a wider XC Wheel set by the Olympics. 30IW is my guess as they already have a gravel wheel that wide.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got 99 problems, but the Brain ain't one :headphones:

(I currently ride a Scott Spark)
You got 99 problems and thats the number of cables :)

But to be more honest, the number of shocks with problem on the new Spark are almost the same.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I would expect to see something new around Sea Otter. Will be interesting to see if they stick to the standard FSR or move to the new Enduro layout.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I would expect to see something new around Sea Otter. Will be interesting to see if they stick to the standard FSR or move to the new Enduro layout.
The 2018+ Epics were not FSR. They move to single pivot with that change. That was a pretty big change and there was a big change with brain design/location. I doubt there will be major changes 3 years on, but could be smaller geo tweaks and other minor adjustments.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Specialized needs to get an extremely good trail bike to market that is cheap. Giant is going to kill everyone with the upcoming in house suspension.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Slightly slacker, stiffer, roomier rear triangle? Brain as an option, now that Bikeyoke do a kit for the current frame?

I’m kinda secretly hoping they make a new, dedicated Camber, not just lobotomized Epic and Stumpy :)

1 - 20 of 890 Posts