Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience / input on a sturdy soft case to handle a 29er?

I was ready to buy the Epoc http://www.evocusa.com/#images/BikeTravelbag_left.jpg based on great reviews, yet company indicates you have to fully deflate the tires, and if you use Stan's, you have to re-seat the tires/wheels at your destination. Maybe not a big concern for a great bag - yet looking for a bag that accepts & protects 29er wheels.

Read about Scott Deluxe bag and Picka Packworks - other great choices, yet looking for good advice - Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you ever get a case or bag for your bike? I have the same bike (large) and have been looking for a solution. If you found something, what size is your bike and how tight is the fit?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bag for 29er

anotherguy said:
Did you ever get a case or bag for your bike? I have the same bike (large) and have been looking for a solution. If you found something, what size is your bike and how tight is the fit?
In fact, I just got this bag last week and already took it across the US. Was not billed one way, yet got hit for the expense coming back. Take a chance and google Evoc Bike Bag and check out the reviews. I purchased the bag from ChainReactionCylces.com

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=64766

You don't need to buy the adaptors for road bikes with the new model as it comes with bag and with the 2011 model it accepts 29er wheels (albeit I had to let out some air). This bag rocks and its built very solid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anotherguy said:
My bike is a Large, and there was no issue. Total weight of bag & bike was 46lbs...under the airline weight limit of 50lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts