Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Im after some advice i have a 2008 s-works epic with the standard xtr crank and hollow tech BB
Ive managed to lay my hans on a MTB specialized fact carbon crank with 2 rings which i beleive is the same dimensions as the road version only wider, I would like to fit this to my epic has any one done this before if so how.

many thanks in advance:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
lees-works said:
Hi all
Im after some advice i have a 2008 s-works epic with the standard xtr crank and hollow tech BB
Ive managed to lay my hans on a MTB specialized fact carbon crank with 2 rings which i beleive is the same dimensions as the road version only wider, I would like to fit this to my epic has any one done this before if so how.

many thanks in advance:thumbsup:
Sounds like you have a set of their road cranks, not MTB cranks.

bhsavery said:
You can't.
The "FACT carbon" crank uses a BB30 bottom bracket. Your 2008 epic has a normal sized bottom bracket. There is not an adapter.
I thought Specialized did their own OS standard, and doesn't use the BB30.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Biking Brazilian said:
Sounds like you have a set of their road cranks, not MTB cranks.

I thought Specialized did their own OS standard, and doesn't use the BB30.
There definatly mtb cranks which came from one of there team s-works who use the bb30

Thanks for the replys keep them coming

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The Zipp thread-in BB30 cups are your only hope, but the spacing/chainline may be wrong depending on which cranks you have.

If you post a pic of the spindle section of the cranks (where they join) I may be able to help.

There were a few different versions that the Specialized Team have been running over the past three years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.