Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of going from a 2011 epic comp 29 to the 2014 camber 29 evo for xc trail riding. Question is will I miss the efficiency of the epic. Has anyone made such a switch or own both and can comment on the efficiency difference? I was never in love with the xc geometry of the epic and it becomes uncomfortable after about an hour of riding and this is with a riser bar and spec stem flipped to the steepest angle. Im looking more a more relaxed geometry like the camber.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
This is funny because I'm the guy that keep saying the Epic is the best bike I've ever owned while I've actually kept my first Expert 29 2012 for only 8 months because it was too racey and I'm already selling my 2014 Marathon after 4 months for the same reason,altough the 2014 non WC geometry is a lot more relaxed. Yeah the bike is insanely fast and efficient and blah blah but if I'm after true speed I go for my road bike.
Learned to enjoy my long neglected Stumpy FSR and I just realized all the fun I've been missing because I was obsessed with speed.
If you're looking for a more relaxed and more do it all bike I guess you've pretty much nailed it with the Camber. You may miss the Brain tho,personally I can't ride without the Brain anymore.
If the good guys in Morgan Hill will ever come out with a Brain equipped Camber that will be my next bike for sure,S Works too !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.