Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I saw a thread some time ago with a guy who had an 07 Epic (I think it was an 07) and he was running 29" wheels on it. Not sure how he got them to fit but he had. I can't find it now though.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Did they lay off that close-minded Sinyard fellow and decide to follow the undeniable new world standard in performance?
Why the seperate 29" sneak peak, I wonder? No cool 26" news?

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
On the Carbon Stumpy said:
Custom Reba S29: Our custom Reba S29
90-mm travel fork is the only 29er suspension
fork available with a tapered carbon
crown/steerer tube and is still 100g lighter
than the lightest stock Reba offering from
Rockshox.
Both look nice. I see it now = multiple Epic vs Jet 9 threads, multiple Carbon Stumpy vs. Superfly threads.

I think this is a good thing....maybe even a great thing, for 29er progress. Specialized nailed the aesthetic on that Carbon Stumpy too.

·
I don't ride enough!
230 Posts
GreenLightGo said:
Both look nice. I see it now = multiple Epic vs Jet 9 threads, ...
I was thinking the same thing this morning after reading this thread last night. I would like to see some honest opinions on the Brain Shock vs. CVA suspension. Which one offers a more "hardtail" pedal platform but still compliant. There are no Niner dealers close to me to test ride and Niner FS much less a Jet that is my size. A buddy swears by his Epic and finally took it for a spin. I was definetly impressed with the Brain Shock and never really thought about FS before that . On the other hand, the seal (or something) went out on his shock and it bobbed so much he said it was "unrideable". The CVA setup doesnt have seals that can go out but they do have bearings, so does the Epic.

I love my Air9 but if an Epic 29er frame comes in at a resonable price I might look in to it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
GreenLightGo said:
Both look nice. I see it now = multiple Epic vs Jet 9 threads, multiple Carbon Stumpy vs. Superfly threads.

I think this is a good thing....maybe even a great thing, for 29er progress. Specialized nailed the aesthetic on that Carbon Stumpy too.
Ditto on the aesthetics. Even this new Epic is one of the better looking FS 29ers out to date. Let's hope these bikes ride as good as they look.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.