Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to the Environmental ctr since Hurricane Charley? Is it true that someone removed all or most of the north shore style stunts located throughout the ballpark loop? I plan to take a trip out there this weekend. But any heads up will be welcome. Thanks :D

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAwwwhhhh man!!!

Acme54321 said:
Was it all good? That would suck if the stunts were destroyed or removed.
The place is a mess! I mean really! It is completely unrideable at this time. I could not navigated the mess to get to the other side were the drops and creek jump were located.(trails on the ball park side) - but I will tell you in the front it is a mess - no evidence of what was the trail. Trees and limbs everywhere!! Even on the other side (Double track gravel road) it was unable to be ridden - a complete mess. I went out there on Sunday Aug 22nd. I am heading out to Santos with a small group to tear it up - there will not be any orlando local trail riding for a while. Although there were a couple of people out there with chain saw getting busy.
Hey if any on that does work out there if you need additional helpers, email me at

[email protected] :cool:

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,218 Posts
What about snowhill? I'm supposed to be going riding over there on Labor day with a group from Melbourne and was wondering what the hurricane did to it. I've been trying to convince them to drive another hour to Santos but noooo.... It's too far. Most of them are roadies and have some race so they have to "train" or something, I don't get it. Any word on why the stunts were removed? Was it the officials or something else?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i too am wondering about snow hill. if no one knows anything i'll probably venture out there this weekend and i'll report back.

check the trail review on the mtbr reviews for environmental center. reading that, it sounds like all the trails and everything there have been wiped out. however, that seems a little extreme considering we just had a hurricane- maybe the author just didn't know what he was looking at. apparently the cross-seminole trail is gonna go right there by the creek, but again, it's just from reading one trail review, so take it for what it is.

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snow Hill

Acme54321 said:
Any word on how Snowhill is yet?
Man I have not heard a word on Snow Hill yet! I am kind worried about taking the trip out there just to be dissapointed. I rode at Carter road on Saturday and Santos(It was packed!!!) on Sunday. Great rides. Both places were in good shape. I am exhausted. Major cramping this weekend - pushed a lil too much. If any nows anything about snow hill - give it up :) I could use a leisure ride... :rolleyes:

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,218 Posts
I rode Santos on Saturday, it was hot since I decided to go at noon (I don't know why) but still an awesome ride. Now that this other hurricane is comming who knows how these trails will be. Whatever, we shall see!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was out at Santos as well this past Saturday, though I was leaving around the time you were getting started. I was pretty amazed at the minimal amount of damage that Santos recieved from Charley (I only noted one seldom traveled trail on the other side that was unrideable do to some downed foliage).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Frances takes a turn up north or back out to sea, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts