Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking for my first 29r. My LBS has GF, Spec, and Cannondale in my price range. I have ridden the GF Cobia, the Spec RH disc, and the Cannondale Caffine 4. I like them all but leaning towards the Cobia. Then there is the IBEX Section 29 which appears to have a great component package. Anybody tried or have the IBEX 29r? Being the noob, I'm a little leary of going mailorder,especially without having ridden the thing!:eekster:

·
Registered
76 Posts
You just answered your question. Many people have had a good experience with mail-order bikes, but I would have a very hard time buying a bike I have never sat on. If you are leaning towards the Cobia, than go with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased a Cobia after being away from riding for 12 years or so and I love it thus far. I chose it over the Spec RH comp for its better gruppo, and over the Cannondale for the extra 2mm of fork stantion diameter. All are sweet bikes, however, and I'm sure you'd do well with any of them. Good luck.
-Dave

·
Registered
794 Posts
I bought a cobia after riding quite a few different 29ers.

Tried the rockhopper 29er, F29er by cannondale, haro 29er's, GT peace 29ers, and kona 29ers.

I still preferred the cobia I bought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.