Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
So did I guess right? Its the cable routing that identifies the true adroit frame isn't it ?

G

·
DeeEight said:
So did I guess right? Its the cable routing that identifies the true adroit frame isn't it ?
it's the 2" down tube with welded-on cable inlets and outlets further up. the Attitude down tube is 1 7/8" thick and has dimpled inlets and the outlets close to the bb shell. but don't tell Fred ;)

Carsten

·
I picked two too many
766 Posts
mmmm dimples.

They look like boobies.

Did I say that?

Man, Iam I on a weird streak today . . .

Nobody likes the gun-toting reference?

Kinda Gary Klein lore in disquise . . . it's widely rumored that he would carry heat when he went on long rides . . . .

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ha! Funny dude that Fred... :D
It seems that most people's (who think they know about Kleins) first reactions are dismay and denial when they learn that the most of the 1996 Adroits were in fact Attitude frames.

I remember reading somewhere that most of the '96 frames were actually '95 Attitude surplus frames, repainted as Adroits. Guess the real 1996 Adroits are very very scarce (or they might be '95 frames as well ?). Carsten, is your '96 Adroit made in '95 or '96 ?

In fact, when you think about it, what a fraud it was back then! The Adroit cost much more than the Attitude and still the buyer got essentially the same bike, especially if he/she ordered it with a suspension fork. Oh, you paid hundreds more for a sticker on a top tube ? Sweet. :p

I'd love to own a real Adroit (owned '97 Adroit frame = Attitude) but for now I just have to settle for two Pre-Trek Attitudes... ;)

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
a candid question:

so what's the deal w/ klein? some love it. some don't care. i am not so keen on buying an old aluminum bike just cause aluminum tends to change it's properties w/ time.
they look like monster technical steep trail bikes. what's the full scope?

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IHMO, No

Honestly I can't tell the difference in the ride of same generation Attitude or Adroit. The Adroit is a tad lighter and theoretically stiffer. The Attitude is monsterously stiff to start with. Great for a race bike but not a good all the time ride for me (Yes, I know plenty of you disagree with me there :) ). Easily the stiffest rear end and BB area on any mtb I've ever ridden.
Now on the road its a different story. My Q-Pro is a good blend of stiffness and compliance. I can ride that all day. A world of difference comming from the C-dale 2.8 frame I raced before that. That still is one of the stiffest road frames ever made. Great for crits and shorter road races but brutal for more than 4 hour rides...kinda like an Attitude/Adroit ;) .

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.