Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
Preach it!

Viva la resistance!
Quit whining and get your ass over here! I scored a trailer load of machinery pallets and Huuuuuge electrical spools to build & ride stunts with. My shins look like shite. I need armor....and skill....skill would be good.....balance would also help. I rolled the teeter totter and just when I got to the tipping point, my front tire rolled off of it. Too old for this.....

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
DWF said:
Quit whining and get your ass over here! I scored a trailer load of machinery pallets and Huuuuuge electrical spools to build & ride stunts with. My shins look like shite. I need armor....and skill....skill would be good.....balance would also help. I rolled the teeter totter and just when I got to the tipping point, my front tire rolled off of it. Too old for this.....
Too old - pfftt... whatever. I'm stoked to hear about the score - I will have to try to get over there this weekend - weather permitting. I've got some shinguards for you, I'll bring them if you want. Also - I scoped out a VERY cool area about 1/4 mile from my house today - there's a rock face - 300 foot long12 - 20 foot tall, set into a hillside that will not be visible from houses nearby, but which will be perfect for the creation of a wall ride, dirtjumps, drops (with the creation of a landing or two) and big rollers (think 17' over an 80 degree face into a transition - which I will have to do minimal shoveling to create) Very promising, particularly in light of the fact that I am somewhat stationary for the summer...

Teeter totter?

I've got an idea (and wood ) for a very cool stunt - but figured I'd better check with ya before I start buildin' since it would be at your place and all. It could be integrated into the existing setup though, and wouldn't be too gigantic.

I commissioned a 3 year old down the street to draw it up, she wasn't much for structural detail, but she just about got the scale, and general idea right.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
Too old - pfftt... whatever. I'm stoked to hear about the score - I will have to try to get over there this weekend - weather permitting. I've got some shinguards for you, I'll bring them if you want. Also - I scoped out a VERY cool area about 1/4 mile from my house today - there's a rock face - 300 foot long12 - 20 foot tall, set into a hillside that will not be visible from houses nearby, but which will be perfect for the creation of a wall ride, dirtjumps, drops (with the creation of a landing or two) and big rollers (think 17' over an 80 degree face into a transition - which I will have to do minimal shoveling to create) Very promising, particularly in light of the fact that I am somewhat stationary for the summer...
I know exactly what you're talking about! I've been looking at it for a while too! Anyway's you're not exactly stationary, let's talk soon.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
bikeandski said:
I know exactly what you're talking about! I've been looking at it for a while too! Anyway's you're not exactly stationary, let's talk soon.
Cool - I've been thinking about that spot for months, but had not yet looked it over seriously. Sounds like a plan - the talking bit.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
s1ngletrack said:

Teeter totter?

I've got an idea (and wood ) for a very cool stunt - but figured I'd better check with ya before I start buildin' since it would be at your place and all. It could be integrated into the existing setup though, and wouldn't be too gigantic.

I commissioned a 3 year old down the street to draw it up, she wasn't much for structural detail, but she just about got the scale, and general idea right.
id be down for helpin the build commision

·
ride
5,275 Posts
daveM said:
Think fewer fires and better trails :)

Besides, it'll be gone in a week or so...
Exactly. And that snow looks like the perfect depth for chilling beers on that table. Hoppy Boy, mmmmmmmm.

Dang - we don't have a whole lot less than that down here!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
mtnbike24_7 said:
I should be on the beach drinkin' a beer right now!!!!
(nelson voice) "Ha Ha Eric stores his bikes outside in the snow where they rust up. ;) "

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
DanD said:
news flash, winter is supposed to be over. jk, but seriously I wanted to ride this weekend
As long as it doesnt get any colder you should be able to down here in CoSprings. No snow today. :D

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
daveM said:
Think fewer fires
Did someone say fire? My white trash roots finally over came and I dug a fire pit in the yard and lined it with rock this weekend. The first pic was taken during the burn in. Tonight we cooked hotdogs while the snow fell. Nice bed of coals! A campfire is better than TV even if it's within spitting range of your back door. :)

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
DWF said:
Did someone say fire? My white trash roots finally over came and I dug a fire pit in the yard and lined it with rock this weekend. The first pic was taken during the burn in. Tonight we cooked hotdogs while the snow fell. Nice bed of coals! A campfire is better than TV even if it's within spitting range of your back door. :)
Butbut... without tv you can't watch biking movies. :D

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
s1ngletrack said:

Teeter totter?

Sounds/looks good to me! DW started tearing down the pallets tonight so we have a bunch of 4x4s and plenty of 1x4s for planking to chop up. We put 5 of the big spools on the trailer with the pallets and that was about all I could load on it.

Here's a pic of my normal technique. Notice how the twins are split over the top tube and my highly technical riding gear. Yes, that ball cap is Snell rated.....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.