Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As seen during a ride on Meadow View Trail in Elk Meadow. My first Columbines of the season. While I was taking pics a buncha runners (boy that area has good lookin' lady runners) and a couple of bikers came by, all asking me if I was OK. "Just taking pics of the flowers" I said. I think they understood.

The Columbine isn't the state flower for nothing.

I espied a wild turkey through the foliage. At least I think it was a wild turkey.

This mother was pushing her three-wheeled stroller (she'd told the rider to get out and walk!) up Elk Ridge from Sleepy S to Meadow View. Somebody had told them that was the short way. I said, yeah, short way to a steep rocky push for that stroller. They were taking it all in stride. It was a beautiful day up there.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was so busy getting out of the way this is all I got

sgltrak said:
Nice pix. Thanks for a diversion from the argument threads. Where are the pix of the lady runners?
Next time I'm just gonna park my butt off the trail and get some better pics!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah, there are definitely some amazing-looking and amazingly-built women running those trails. I have to be more sociable and ride slower. Take some better pics next time and I'll focus on that as well from now on. Just have to slow down and smell the roses...

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
BlueMountain said:
Yeah, there are definitely some amazing-looking and amazingly-built women running those trails. I have to be more sociable and ride slower. Take some better pics next time and I'll focus on that as well from now on. Just have to slow down and smell the roses...
Or just get engaged to one of those "amazing-looking and amazingly-built women" and enjoy the scenery when you ride and run together. AND you get to go home with the scenery. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nickle said:
Or just get engaged to one of those "amazing-looking and amazingly-built women" and enjoy the scenery when you ride and run together. AND you get to go home with the scenery. :thumbsup:
Or that I suppose..it is a tempting option but I'm currently taking stalking classes that I really need to put to good use. :D

J/K, of course. Good point and well taken- must dismount and not be tongue-tied...maybe say something nice like "sorry for using up your oxygen" or "how are the parents" or "I only tried weed once" or something like that.

Cool...I'm ready! Damn, where is Mystery when I need him:eek:

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First time I caught this out of the corner of my eye

Moustache rider said:
Wild Turkey, stump or poop. Can't tell for sure.
I really did think it was a turkey. I see turkeys all over the place. Sometimes I'll see them soon enough and stop. On the top of Mt. Falcon once a flock of about 6 ignored me and chowed down on whatever they eat right in front of me for about 10 minutes. Once down near La Veta (Cuchara Ski Area) I camped with a bunch of turkey hunters. Nothing wrong with that but they were *****in' and moanin' about how they couldn't find any. I said adios and drove away. In about 5 minutes I stopped my truck and took pictures of a flock of about 20 who were strolling across the road. They must have known I didn't have a rifle and didn't mean them any harm. Maybe.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
Right-O, note to self: Remind s/o to carry her Cold Steel "Mini Pal" with her while hiking Bergen Peak.

J/K - but I gotta admit, I'd be considerably less than cordial if I rounded the corner and found some guy snapping pics of her as she walked away. Just saying.

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Don't think it's a turkey

Probably a grouse. Was it as big as turkey or just a big chicken in size ? We have both up in HTMP/Lory, but I don't think there are many turkeys there.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Godzilla said:
Right-O, note to self: Remind s/o to carry her Cold Steel "Mini Pal" with her while hiking Bergen Peak.

J/K - but I gotta admit, I'd be considerably less than cordial if I rounded the corner and found some guy snapping pics of her as she walked away. Just saying.
That's exactly what I thought. A guy off the side of the trail taking pictures of random women as they went by. That's creepy in a weird stalker kind o' way. Reminds me of the guy walking down the Deer Creek trail with a pistol in his hand "for protection."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.