Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I picked her up...Built her up with parts I already have. I don't know the weight, but in my opinion, it is a better fit than the custom 29er I've had before. A tighter geometry than the Karate Monkey.
Scandium. Carbon. ENO disc wheel. Salsa Fork. Midge. KMC Chain. and other goodies.

Today I get to cut the steerer toob and spank the star nut where it belongs.

I deem it the official bike of the apocalypse.

Attachments

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
So how do you climb standing wtih your wrists turned sideways?

And, do you use your bashguard as a gnome protection system or is just to look hawt?

Nice beer opener....

Oh yeah, where's the Eno part? Are those Eno cranks? Can't tell. Is that an Eno rear hub or just a WI freewheel. Gearing...what is it? I'm guessing 34x18...

Come on dude...i'm wallowing in unanswered questions...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hawt

Padre said:
So how do you climb standing wtih your wrists turned sideways?

And, do you use your bashguard as a gnome protection system or is just to look hawt?

Nice beer opener....

Oh yeah, where's the Eno part? Are those Eno cranks? Can't tell. Is that an Eno rear hub or just a WI freewheel. Gearing...what is it? I'm guessing 34x18...

Come on dude...i'm wallowing in unanswered questions...
the bashguard protects me from radioactivity. Actually, that's a vintage White Ind crankset a la 94mm pattern.

And it looks hawt! I had it custom made by a schmoe. It attracts the ladies to my bikes. The hot ladies.

Eno part is the rear hub, laced to a Mavic rim. ENO freewheel a la 34/17 because I like it that way.

As for my wrists, it ain't your business where they go, for my wrists are wide and far...ok, that was awkward...like burping at a funeral awkward.

For other answers you might find interesting later on today, check out the bloggiferous blog.

Gotta go outside and feed the goat.

·
Registered
376 Posts
ENOS hubs are way cool. I fixed my litespeed with one.

That Mamasita must really cook!

Do you like the way the handlebars ride, they look a little sketchy.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Knee opener?

Nice bicicleta, but your knees asked me to ask you to either borrow LakeRaven's extra-sturdy kneepads or to point that opener forward!

·
Welsh Dave
254 Posts
Soupboy said:
Knee opener?
Soupboy and I don't share the same knees or anything, but my knees also send out a plea across t'interweb fr you to point that bottle opener somewhere else.

I feel pain just looking at it.

PLUS (and this is the main thing) you're going to get beer bottle/ top-tube interference where it is now, which could lead to serious beer spillage. Point it forwards and not only will you save those knees but you can hook some proper big beer bottles under it while you ride, not just some rubbish little stubbies.:rolleyes:

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
Welsh Dave said:
Soupboy and I don't share the same knees or anything, but my knees also send out a plea across t'interweb fr you to point that bottle opener somewhere else.

I feel pain just looking at it.

PLUS (and this is the main thing) you're going to get beer bottle/ top-tube interference where it is now, which could lead to serious beer spillage. Point it forwards and not only will you save those knees but you can hook some proper big beer bottles under it while you ride, not just some rubbish little stubbies.:rolleyes:
Turn the bars and open 'er up :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welsh Dave said:
Just ride one-handed wheelies and turn the bars a little. No big deal.

·
Kosher Princess
748 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
I deem it the official bike of the apocalypse.
Very cute!

But I'd die without my gears on my Mamasita.

As a side note with the angle you've got the bars at and with the extended steerer you could work some kind of steer-tube mounted water bottle that'd be both aerodynamic and kitsch! However, you should talk to your Rabbi about that before the go-ahead. Yeah.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
Soupboy said:
Knee opener?

Nice bicicleta, but your knees asked me to ask you to either borrow LakeRaven's extra-sturdy kneepads or to point that opener forward!
That was my first thought as well. My second thought was I need to get one for the ferrous.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
problem fixed

Soupboy said:
Knee opener?

Got the drift. yesterday, upon reading this, I thought, in soap opera style:
I already have enough scars on my knees from bicycle crashes and from recent rug burns I endured during a wild night of playing repetitive coital hide and seek...I no longer want my knees to hurt...I don't want to hurt...

So now the WIseCracker points forward. I tested it out last night with a frothy beer, and it works 110%.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
why do so many people build an opener into their bikes? How much are you guys drinking out on the trail? I don't get it. I drink my fair share but never once have I needed an opener on the trail and if back at the car,well then you can have an opener there. Just don't see a need for it.

Flat Ark said:
I haven't, but I wish they would make one (purpose built). I would be all over it.
With the steep hta,

What if you ran a greater offset fork you could then counter that with a 26er in the rear?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
called a Rabbi

Natalie Portman said:
Very cute!

But I'd die without my gears on my Mamasita.

As a side note with the angle you've got the bars at and with the extended steerer you could work some kind of steer-tube mounted water bottle that'd be both aerodynamic and kitsch! However, you should talk to your Rabbi about that before the go-ahead. Yeah.
I called up a Rabbi this morning. Found his number in the phone book under "Rabbis."
He told me to not be such a little beeatch and to never, ever call him at 4 am. He asked me if I was already circumcised, and told him that it is a Catholic belief that all foreskins will eventually go to heaven inside a big can of Ragu Sauce. he said to me: want to meet at Denny's?
I said: no thanks your excellency. I'm allergic to ******** and goth poseurs.
Rabbi: no problem, but please call me again in your team of needs (he said all this while doing one-armed pushups)

Anyway, here's pictures of the latest...Salsa tape, moved the opener forward. Riding and looking at this bike is a total climax affair. The flat stays are just too sexy for my shirt that it makes my shirt hurt.

I'm including a picture of the Land Shark so you guys can compare bar setups.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mine

heythorp said:
why do so many people build an opener into their bikes? How much are you guys drinking out on the trail? I don't get it. I drink my fair share but never once have I needed an opener on the trail and if back at the car,well then you can have an opener there. Just don't see a need for it.

With the steep hta,

What if you ran a greater offset fork you could then counter that with a 26er in the rear?
I have openers on the Salsa and Land Shark because I always lose the openers in the garage. After long rides though, it is nice to open a refreshing cold one before heading home...um, ******* style.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.