Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
change is good
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I performed multiple searches and found alot of good info. I am partial to the ENOs but I've didn't really find many comments from cyldes regarding stiffness. I love the stiffness of my new XTRs but wonder if that stiffness would be noticeable on my new steel SS frame. I weigh 230lb and I used to be able to squat 600lbs although I've never broken any crankarms in the past. Since I'm a newbie to single speeding any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Over 200lbs...

here. Love my Eno's, they feel plenty stiff to me. I honestly think crank stiffness is over rated, after all, you need suspension somewhere on these bikes! I will say I can feel the difference from my Old RaceFace Turbines to the ENO's for sure.

Go ENO now before Ernesto makes you.

MC

abscar said:
I performed multiple searches and found alot of good info. I am partial to the ENOs but I've didn't really find many comments from cyldes regarding stiffness. I love the stiffness of my new XTRs but wonder if that stiffness would be noticeable on my new steel SS frame. I weigh 230lb and I used to be able to squat 600lbs although I've never broken any crankarms in the past. Since I'm a newbie to single speeding any advice would be appreciated.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
I weigh 230lb and I used to be able to squat 600lbs although I've never broken any crankarms in the past. Since I'm a newbie to single speeding any advice would be appreciated.
Cycling has got me down to 220 from 245, while I can no longer break a 500lb squat, I have had a great deal of success with the ENO cranks. For a big, strong, buff fella like yourself you will probably find the square taper lasts you longer as well. I did in 0 xt squares and 2 ISIS GigaPipes this season. In fact the ENO cranks may very well be the only crankset I install in 2006.

Go ENO now before Ernesto makes you.
He might very well try...and after him there will be others. That said I seen the real and live Nesto from WI on sale...of course if you bought him, he wouldn't be able to bother you...
NESTO GOING CHEAP CHEEP!

BTW single speed will be much more up your alley if you experienced the same component and parts carnage as I did. consider full rigid too.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
external or eBB?

Are you comparing an ENO to an external bearing BB or an ecentric BB? I'm assuming you are asking about a eBB and specifically the ecentric ENO, not the regular ENO...

·
change is good
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
itsdoable said:
Are you comparing an ENO to an external bearing BB or an ecentric BB? I'm assuming you are asking about a eBB and specifically the ecentric ENO, not the regular ENO...

External bearing bottom bracket cranks vs ENO cranks

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
abscar said:
External bearing bottom bracket cranks vs ENO cranks
Got it!

ENO cranks are square taper, which I like because you can get many BBs that last. But it is easy to ruin the taper in the crank. The external bearing BB splines are less prone to this. Something to keep in mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts