Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put a new ENO freewheel on my bike last night for today's ride (different size).

the new one seems like a completely different freewheel in some regards. Firstly and most obvious, there is virtually ZERO drag with the new one and it's clicks are much louder. The other one always had horrible drag (relatively speaking) and I always chalked it up to the issues one deals with on King hubs. However, why is there such a major noticeable difference. I love the new one but the other one will be on much of the time since it is the more appropriate size for most of my riding.

any words of wisdom as to why this is?

cheers,
FoShizzle

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
easy solutions.....

If you never stop pedalling, there is ZERO DRAG, and the freewheel is ABSOLUTELY SILENT.

Try it!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
no answer

FoShizzle said:
I put a new ENO freewheel on my bike last night for today's ride (different size).

the new one seems like a completely different freewheel in some regards. Firstly and most obvious, there is virtually ZERO drag with the new one and it's clicks are much louder. The other one always had horrible drag (relatively speaking) and I always chalked it up to the issues one deals with on King hubs. However, why is there such a major noticeable difference. I love the new one but the other one will be on much of the time since it is the more appropriate size for most of my riding.

any words of wisdom as to why this is?

cheers,
FoShizzle
I switched ENO's one day and noticed a huge difference in sound. So much that I wondered if I had bought an imitation ENO. Don't remember the drag issue. For me the question's moot, I traded my ENO's for cogs to use on freehubs.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Drop them an email and ask about it. Lynette and Doug are very good about giving you straight answers and solving any issues that may arise.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I love mine and have considered getting another though in a different size. Still though after MANY miles mine still shows decent drag and I keep waiting for it to "break in" ;-) Perhaps this winter.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
There does seem to be some varriation with the ENO freewheel. We have 2, about a year apart in age. My wife's is louder and spins free-er than mine. However, both work fine, and we just ignor them and ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts