1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
axle exchange

xmynameisdan said:
Damn that's a purdy bike. I'm not really sure what you did though:madman:

Did you just install a disc ENO on there or what?
I had a spare ENO axle, did some fancy schmancy switcharooni on the hub. Straight axle to eccentric, 135mm spacing. Then I adjusted the eccentric caliper thingie, set it right, and now I have an eccentric ENO disc bike. Something that makes me happy because disc brakes work so well.

·
i ride bikez!!11!
485 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
I had a spare ENO axle, did some fancy schmancy switcharooni on the hub. Straight axle to eccentric, 135mm spacing. Then I adjusted the eccentric caliper thingie, set it right, and now I have an eccentric ENO disc bike. Something that makes me happy because disc brakes work so well.
That's what I thought, but wasn't too sure.

I dig my eno disc, but it can be a pain to adjust.

·
Want to vent?
654 Posts
I'm considering bulding up a disc eccentric ENO myself (already have the Vbrake version and have been very impressed with it for the past 2 years).....

How does the disc brake adjuster piece work...I'm guessin when the bolts are tightened down it "locks" the piece in place, kinda like the hub itself?

Have ya had in troubles in the past 2 weeks?

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
How finicky is the......

...re-adjustment after say changing a flat out on the trail?? :confused: I have a v-brake set-up now, which is a simple on/off fix, but considering switching over since they (disc) are sooo nice.

·
i ride bikez!!11!
485 Posts
JMac47 said:
...re-adjustment after say changing a flat out on the trail?? :confused: I have a v-brake set-up now, which is a simple on/off fix, but considering switching over since they (disc) are sooo nice.
The chain will still want to tension is the same spot, so readjusting the brake caliper is almost a non-issue. Granted the initial setup kind of sucks.

I just bought a new flip/flop ENO today. That makes 3 in the house now...I'm almost as kewl as ernesto!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ah man!

m_beale1 said:
I might be getting a singlespeed specific frame and might need to the other direction--from an eccentric ENO hub to a non-eccentric one. Would you be interested in selling your old, non-eccentric parts?
sorry! I had to cannibalize it from another hub I have. I don't have that many spares of ENO stuffs.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no readjustment

JMac47 said:
once you set it properly, its set. Get a flat, no problem, se habla español. HAHAHA!
seriously, the caliper mount stays put just so that you can put your wheel back on without readjusting anything. Its vert, so its ok.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
that's...

xmynameisdan said:
The chain will still want to tension is the same spot, so readjusting the brake caliper is almost a non-issue. Granted the initial setup kind of sucks.

I just bought a new flip/flop ENO today. That makes 3 in the house now...I'm almost as kewl as ernesto!
that's as many ENO Eccentrics as I have, so then we're like equally cool, like Double Dragon cool.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Comprende~ amigo....

seriously, the caliper mount stays put just so that you can put your wheel back on without readjusting anything. Its vert, so its ok.
.....caliper stays put. I was wondering about the rotation of the hub & the disc rolling back into the right spot (too far in /out) in it when re-installing the wheel, but now that I think about it, would be the same as re-aligning back to the right spot with V's which the chain kinda does anyways...d'oh! :eek:

Thanks gentleman. :thumbsup:

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Professor Ernesto!

once you set it properly, its set. Get a flat, no problem, se habla español. HAHAHA!
In your experience, will I need to use/buy the additional ecc mounting bracket??:confused:

Thanks in advance-JMac

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.