Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into an ENO hub. I currently run disc with a tensioner. It appears White industries have 2 different models that would work; the 'Eccentric Disc ENO ' and the 'ENO disc hub'.

It sounds like the 'Eccentric Disc ENO' has a rotor mount and caliper mounting bracket that rotates with the hub so brake alignment isn't a problem as you change gears. The 'ENO disc hub' does not have the caliper mounting bracket, only a rotor mount.

I believe I want the one with the caliper mounting bracket so that as you retension the chain brake alignment is maintained. Or, is this ONLY needed if you don't have the International Standard disc brake mount on the frame? There are no pictures of it on their website. Does anyone have any pictures or REALLY understand the differences betweent these hubs?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I've yet...

SSlowTwitch said:
I've been looking into an ENO hub. I currently run disc with a tensioner. It appears White industries have 2 different models that would work; the 'Eccentric Disc ENO ' and the 'ENO disc hub'.

It sounds like the 'Eccentric Disc ENO' has a rotor mount and caliper mounting bracket that rotates with the hub so brake alignment isn't a problem as you change gears. The 'ENO disc hub' does not have the caliper mounting bracket, only a rotor mount.

I believe I want the one with the caliper mounting bracket so that as you retension the chain brake alignment is maintained. Or, is this ONLY needed if you don't have the International Standard disc brake mount on the frame? There are no pictures of it on their website. Does anyone have any pictures or REALLY understand the differences betweent these hubs?
I've yet to take pictures for the White Ind. site, but here you go: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=86860

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
..Won't work..

I saw this at seaotter and spoke with the rep (forgot her name...very nice). This WILL NOT work with my magura marta brakes because of the way magura mounts to the frame vs the avid mechs. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.