Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would ENO cranks be a good choice for the new SS? I would use my new Deus cranks but I think I really want 180mm so I am likely selling the Deus.

I would love to have some Next LP 180mm in red but just cant find em...

cheers

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Eno

Cranks are the bomb! (is that word still in use?)

I have 'em on three out of five bikes....DuraAce and Ultegra on the roadies. 32, 34 and 38 tooth rings so's I can swap 'em around. And no issues concerning chain loosy/tighty during rotation, as with spidered cranks.

Stiff, light and cheap!! (well....two outa three.)

·
Not because I'm fast.....
748 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Would ENO cranks be a good choice for the new SS? I would use my new Deus cranks but I think I really want 180mm so I am likely selling the Deus.

I would love to have some Next LP 180mm in red but just cant find em...

cheers
I think I am going to put them on my current project bike! I didn't like the looks at first, but then something changed in me over time. I was also bit hesitant because of my size and the square taper design, but I have heard of enough big guys riding them with no complaints. If bling is what you are after (and I know you are) the ENO's are like jewels!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On-One said:
The WI Eno's look good on any qualified SS!.... I have a use for your Dues's... how much? What shape are they in?
I do not want to be politically incorrect mtbr style (since the cranks are not yet posted....but will be tonight), but I have honestly not even thought about the price of any of the parts, other then the King disc wheelset I had built for that bike.

The bike I am selling parts off of and/or moving applicable parts over, is a Rocky Mountain Element Scandium with I think 8 rides on it, so to answer your question, perfect condition.

I have a bit of deciding to do over the frame still, but will probably close on it tomorrow once I hear back on a couple of things.

Cheers

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xrmattaz said:
Cranks are the bomb! (is that word still in use?)

I have 'em on three out of five bikes....DuraAce and Ultegra on the roadies. 32, 34 and 38 tooth rings so's I can swap 'em around. And no issues concerning chain loosy/tighty during rotation, as with spidered cranks.

Stiff, light and cheap!! (well....two outa three.)
great...thanks. what BB do you recommend?

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Shittmano UN73. None mo' betta.

113mm on the Surly, 118mm on the Sofa King and 122mm on the Santa Cruise.

Speaking of square taper, as I have several times.......I have a TWELVE year old UN72 or 73 that is still going strong on my Stumpy! Try that with your ISIS crap.

FoShizzle said:
great...thanks. what BB do you recommend?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xrmattaz said:

Speaking of square taper, as I have several times.......I have a TWELVE year old UN72 or 73 that is still going strong on my Stumpy! Try that with your ISIS crap.
sweet...thanks. I hope Larry can get me the green ring version

·
Steel and teeth.
577 Posts
xrmattaz said:

Twelve years, eh? I have a helluva time getting more than 9 months out of a UN72/73.

Had pretty good luck with Octalink (XTR) and ISIS (Race Face or FSA). For tapered BB's, I have had great luck with Phil Wood and Race Face.

b1umb0y

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.