Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buildup a 1x9 with eno cranks with 32t.
Has anyone used the Rohloff chain guide with the eno cranks?
It appears to be a very tight fit with the outer chain guide plate and the crank arm.
I hve not been able to check if this will work as I am still waiting for the bottom bracket to arrive.
Will a 9sp chain work with this chain ring?

Thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ran this setup for the first time

and yes it works very nice. Shifted perfectly, the roloff chain guide took some considerable modification to fit, but it seems to be working.

I did have an issue, after measuring the frame according to the White Industries website I ordered a 113mm BB, it was too small. I ended up getting a 122mm BB and that fit just right. White Industries needs to change there website it is WRONG. After a brief ride I did have to tighten the crank bolt to 30 ft/lb per the instructions. After my first real ride I checked the crank bolts and I was able to tighten the drive side again.

I'm afraid to remove these cranks for fear of wearing them out. Anyone out there remove these cranks and reinstall them? I would like to replace the cheap UN53 BB I had to buy at the last minute for a nice Phil Wood Ti BB.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Phantomtracer said:
and yes it works very nice. Shifted perfectly, the roloff chain guide took some considerable modification to fit, but it seems to be working.

I did have an issue, after measuring the frame according to the White Industries website I ordered a 113mm BB, it was too small. I ended up getting a 122mm BB and that fit just right. White Industries needs to change there website it is WRONG. After a brief ride I did have to tighten the crank bolt to 30 ft/lb per the instructions. After my first real ride I checked the crank bolts and I was able to tighten the drive side again.

I'm afraid to remove these cranks for fear of wearing them out. Anyone out there remove these cranks and reinstall them? I would like to replace the cheap UN53 BB I had to buy at the last minute for a nice Phil Wood Ti BB.

Thanks
I have taken them off and re-installed them with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.