Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Trying to get info on the One is like extracting teeth. I have wanted tohear soem reviews etc on it for a long while. Come on Tony, please let us know what is happening with the One.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
www.spotbikes.com

site is down. but I can tell you they make the sickest steel frames. custom paint. Anything you want. frames start around 900 bones.

Check the reviews section on mtbr. there are like 15 of them posted.

Whafe! Can I lick your avatar?

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
William D said:
Has anyone converted their enlightenment to a single speed? looking for advice. thanks.
I'm sure it can be done. Check with your local bike shop. Also check white industries. they make all kinds of single speed stuff. think race face has a kit also as well as many others . Also post up on the SS forum. The guru's there can totally set you up.:thumbsup:

·
orthonormal
5,245 Posts
1) You can build up a new rear wheel with a White Industries ENO eccentric rear hub for chain tension adjustment.

2) You can keep your current rear wheel, replace the cassette with a set of spacers and a wide base singlespeed cassette cog (Endless, Surly, King). Narrow cogs will gouge aluminium cassette bodies. Once the rear wheel is set up, if you're lucky, your chain will tension up nicely. If not, you can buy a half link to fine tune. Too tight and your chain will break, too loose and it will fall off. The Endless Bikes Kick Ass cogs have really tall teeth and make it much harder to drop your chain. They're $30 each.

3) Similar to 2) but use a chain tensioner instead of worrying about chain length. A derailleur with a small piece of cable to hold it in the right position will work or there are several SS conversion tensioners on the market.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
moment said:
Whafe! Can I lick your avatar?
No licking just yet, a face plant would surface first amongst the Titi, then we can come to an arrangement.........:eek: :eekster: :yikes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.