Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guy who owned my bike before me was running a presta valve tube in the front tire. if i wasnt to run a scrader can i just drill the hole a little bit bigger with a normal drill or is there a special tool needed. i want to do this for the convieance of carring on type of tube on rides instead of two. if you know if that is possible please let me know.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
bikeforlife said:
the guy who owned my bike before me was running a presta valve tube in the front tire. if i wasnt to run a scrader can i just drill the hole a little bit bigger with a normal drill or is there a special tool needed. i want to do this for the convieance of carring on type of tube on rides instead of two. if you know if that is possible please let me know.
uhhhhhhhhhh, i have ryno lites and just took out the presta and put in a scraeder without any mods...................................

but there are rims that are presta specific? didnt know that

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some one told me that

you needed to make the holes bigger but now that i remeber who told me that i probably should have not even listened to them or even for a moment though that they might be right. geuss i don't need to get out the drill.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I just drill mine out. Some rims you can use the schrader but other ones you'll have to drill a bit. It's only shaving the edge maybe half a millimeter total, definitely not doing much.

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
bikeforlife said:
Fine to drill if the hole is too small for a schraeder valve.

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
On my rims there was a rubber ring that I pulled out to make the holes bigger, but I htink its too big now and **** is getting into the tire, what should I do to seal the hole?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.