Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I thought I would get a little crazy and try riding during the winter. Well i am glad i did. It is so much fun, it is like riding at night with a twist. Anyone else getting out?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have gotten out every Sunday thus far, mostly at the Pine Bush...good traction as snow's not too deep. Did a change yesterday though and did a bit of urban riding now that I finally got my Steelhead together!

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Well...

I got out but on a snowboard.
Mountaincreek is open but only South and Bear. It was nice to finally go but it was packed, and already worn.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still Going!!

I have been getting out about 3 times a week. Mac check out Colonie, all of the trails are a blast and very rideable. Watch out for the killer grouse it has been known to dive at some riders this past weekend.
Trix

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Yes I am. Last saturday, I did a ride in very loose powder snow, and some of the very steep decents at my local trail were very harry. I plain to go for a ride after school tommrow, and I hope the snow got a bit more compacted. I also use the nokian extreme 294's on my ride and I think they are a must have for snow riding. Correction, the front one is a 293 now because I must have lost a stud while on a rocky part of the trail. That kind of pissed me off.
Dave

·
Registered
995 Posts
Jim Mac said:
I have gotten out every Sunday thus far, mostly at the Pine Bush...good traction as snow's not too deep. Did a change yesterday though and did a bit of urban riding now that I finally got my Steelhead together!
Azonic Steelhead Jim? You still have the Slayer too?
When are we getting together for that beer? I feel 2006 might be the year. :D

Bob

·
Registered
71 Posts
I hate the winter!

I hate the fact that its dark and 4:30

I hate the fact I can only get out once a week

Booooooooooo winter....

Making the best of a bad situation I have a new Fork, head set and brakes going on the bike as soon as the really crummy weather hits

·
Registered
305 Posts
Anyone know what the conditions are on LI? I am headed there Fri-Mon and hop eto get a bit more riding in....

Hey Bob! Yeah, after blowing up the rear shock 3X this year, I still have the RM Pipeline...It's now my "midweight' bike. And yes, 2006 will be the year to ride and drink together, drop a line!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jim Mac said:
Anyone know what the conditions are on LI? I am headed there Fri-Mon and hop eto get a bit more riding in....

Hey Bob! Yeah, after blowing up the rear shock 3X this year, I still have the RM Pipeline...It's now my "midweight' bike. And yes, 2006 will be the year to ride and drink together, drop a line!

Its nice, (for this time of year) just ride early before things warm up and turn to mud.

Mid twenties at night, mid thirties during the day and no white crap in the forecast :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I will hit up Stillwell, Crab Meadow and maybe Bethpage park early in the a.m.while i'm down there, as they're the closest riding spots to the in-law's house. If anyone's around, I'll most likely be at Stillwell 12/24 at 9:30 ish, giving my Steelhead SS its 1st dirt ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts