Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Canadian who will be in London in September and I would like to take a self-guided bike tour (with bike rental, maps, etc.) but don't know if there is a list of companies/stores who offer such tours.

Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
noonievut said:
I'm a Canadian who will be in London in September and I would like to take a self-guided bike tour (with bike rental, maps, etc.) but don't know if there is a list of companies/stores who offer such tours.

Any information is appreciated.
Hmmm...that's a bit vague. What do you have in mind? There are plenty of places to rent bikes - most will provide advice about local trails and the OS maps are the best in the world. BUT, London sucks for riding (unless you like battling taxis, buses, trucks etc etc).

Will you be able to visit other parts of the country for "proper" mountain biking?

I suggest you check out the forum of www.singletrackworld.com - there'll be plenty of offers of advice and some locals may show you around....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Since posting I've done a bit more research.

I definately plan to travel outside of the city, probably by train, hopefully no more than an hour trip. I was thining of Surrey Hills, Oxford, Cotswolds...

I'm thinking of sticking to some country roads where I can take in the scenery and hopefully there will be less traffic. I'd also be fine with some doubletrack/fireroads through the country, but not tight/twisty singletrack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts