Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mechanical/Manufacturing/Design

SUMMARY

This is an exciting engineering position in a dynamic small team environment. This person will be asked to perform a wide range of tasks: Technical problem solving, prototype part design, computer simulation, part fabrication, evaluating prototypes, writing technical reports, amongst others. This position requires someone with a wide range of skills and an appetite for learning and growth.
Praxis Works HQ in Santa Cruz, CA

Position requires:

• Background: BS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering. 1-3 years’ experience preferred
  • Experience designing in a CAD environment (Pro Engineer / CREO preferred)
  • Positive attitude with the ability to function in a dynamic small company that is growing quickly
  • Ability to travel to Asia for periods of time
  • Ability to manage established process until working prototype is complete
  • Knowledge and passion for bicycles
  • Someone who can identify nuances in bicycle performance
  • It is a plus to have knowledge or interest in bicycle drivetrains, components, hydraulics, and electronics

Interested?

Please send resume and introduction letter to [email protected]

·
Mtbr Founder
34,838 Posts
These guys are good. It seems like they are growing every month too.

Check in to them. But beware of their 'casual' lunch rides in the forest.

fc

·
Mtn View, CA
490 Posts
I'm an ME. Currently working as an Mfg Eng. I have Pro/E WF4 experience and some SW. I prefer Pro. I've traveled to South China for a couple weeks at a time a few times to work with suppliers. I've been at my current company for 7.5 years so it's been awhile since I've updated my resume.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Yeah, it’s dawned on me on multiple occasions that studying graphic design instead of mechanical engineering was a sad mistake. :( Anyone can make pretty clip art with Comic Sans in Microsoft Office. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Here ya go;

Praxis Works

Working conditions involve being roughly 1.5 miles from Santa Cruz dirt, 500 yds from the ocean, and 147.5 steps from the organic brewery.
Rough life.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all... pass it around to any and all Mech Eng you know. We're talking to all interested.
We're a small crew but growing....and yes, as someone pointed out...we're dangerously close to to NorCal redwood single track..... just sayin'.....

HOME - Praxis Cycles

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts