Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to decide on new hubs for an "aggressive XC" wheelset. I've been spoiled riding some GT-branded Hadleys the last few years with 30 point freehub engagement, so I don't want to go back to the 18 point Shimanos, or the dozens of other 18 pointers (That would make a damn fine deer though!). The newer XTs have 32, but I want cartridge bearings.

The Hope Pro 2s have a huge and loyal following. But they're only 24 point (and noisy)....so what's the attraction? The noise? The colors? I've never ridden them, but I just don't get it.

Then you've got what I've come to call the mid-range high-engagement hubs: 30 points or better at a sub-$200 rear hub price. DMR Revolver 6-pawl and Halo 6-Drive with 30 points, Woodman LTI with 40 (maybe...seen on several forums but can't reach Woodman for confirmation). Halo is even making one with 120 point engagement now....the Halo Supa-Drive....that falls into this price range. I've been seriously considering this group but can't seem to find many reviews on these, or anyone with front/rear 32 hole sets in stock.

Then there's the elite group....out of my price range, and just plain awesome: Hadley with 72 or 108 point engagement, Chris King with 72, Industry-9 at 120 points, and True Precision's Stealth hub, with infinite(?) engagement, and totally silent?

I'd welcome your comments/experience/guidance here. I'm pretty well lost in hub-land, but leaning towards something from that mid-priced group...maybe the Woodman, but that Supa-Drive sounds interesting (even if it does have a stupid name).

Jim

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
JimZinVT said:
The Hope Pro 2s have a huge and loyal following. But they're only 24 point (and noisy)....so what's the attraction? The noise? The colors? I've never ridden them, but I just don't get it.
price, convertible to practically any standard out there, well sealed...... I agree that engagement could be better...but so far so good (had 2 sets for a couple of years now)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.