Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i rode a enduro pro a few months ago and liked how it felt. and i want to get into a FS bike. so i am determined to get one this winter. right now i have a lead on two a 08 enduro expert, and a 06 enduro elite. the elite is for sure if i buy it, meaning its just for sale, as for the expert is on a auction style site. i want the expert more and hope i can get it but wont know for a week or so till the auction is up. but if it falls through i will most likely end up the the elite. that is unless i find another pro or expert out there for the right price. ive read through the reviews and seems most people likethe bikes minus the softer rear shock and low pedals.

im looking for more opinions on what you have if you have or have ridden the enduro. especially if you have or had a elite or expert. i just want to make the right decision on getting a new bike and obviously dont want to waste the money on something i wont enjoy.

also what is a comparable bike to the endro that i might want to look at. im looking to spend around 1500 or so for the bike to give you a price range. and obviously a few years old and used isnt much of a problem for me, but the newer the better.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow that is a sexy piece. i might have to look into that. thank you

edit; wow those arent cheap. wonder how a fuel ex compares here. its a bit closer to the price range especially if i can get a year old model.

·
I dig trails!
5,611 Posts
Dom87SS said:
right now i have a lead on two a 08 enduro expert, and a 06 enduro elite. the elite is for sure if i buy it, meaning its just for sale, as for the expert is on a auction style site. i want the expert more and hope i can get it but wont know for a week or so till the auction is up. but if it falls through i will most likely end up the the elite. that is unless i find another pro or expert out there for the right price. ive read through the reviews and seems most people likethe bikes minus the softer rear shock and low pedals.
They are very different bikes. The 06 is AM leaning towards FR spectrum, while the 08 is AM leaning towards trail bike spectrum.

For your first full squish, I would say 08, but the proprietary shocks are a significant issue, an issue made bigger by you not being the original owner (no warranty).

If you ride aggressively, or your terrain is very rough, the 06 is a good fit.

Preride both if you can.

P

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not an option to pre ride either. i dont ride real rough as im a newbie to single track as of this year. i just got into biking so im a novice and not a big risk taker, i just do it for fun. so it seems the 08 may be better suited for me if i an nab it. the one i did ride was a 07 enduro pro with a pike fork, but other wise pretty stock. but i like the feel of the bike over all. it as very closely setup to the 08. so i guess i will push for that or keep looking as i have a few months to find something.

also still looking for other options if you have them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You may want to consider something with less travel if it's your first year riding singletrack, maybe the Stumpjumper or a Giant Trance or Trance X. The lighter weight will make pedalling more enjoyable, but they'll be great bikes to really get your confidence up. I consider the Enduro to be a bike for people that like hitting drops and jumps often during their trail rides, it's a great all rounder but you don't want to waste that 6" of travel if you're not going to be using it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my current rincon hardtail (what got me into riding this year) weights in at 35lbs, and im 225-230 so i dont see it being a big issue. infact the enduro i rode weighed in at 32 so it would be an improvement over what i have. as for not wasting the travel. im hoping that being on a more comfortable bike will help me get into the sport/riding more giving me the confidence to ride how ever i want. as apposed to second guessing the bike and my ability. i only rode the bike for a hour on some pretty nice singl track stuff in mass on a trip i was on in oct. technically it will be my second year of more serious riding once i get the bike cause im not riding again till the spring. i have looked at the trance stuff as the LBS is a giant dealer and i can get a pretty good deal on them new 09 models. all options are still out there for a few more days at least if i dont win this bid on the expert.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.