Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
lets do this....
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a RS Pike 327 that needs some servicing on my Pitch Comp... I was wondering what you fair people of MTBR think is the better option. Should i just get the Enduro seals and throw some new fork oil in there, or should i opt for the PUSH Industries servicing? This will be the first time i will service a fork and was wondering what you guys think would be the best option for a beginner mechanic?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Custom tuning is a LOT different than a simple oil change (and seals if you need them). No doubt that push can do some great stuff, if that is what you need..... Either way, you REALLY should figure out how to do regular service yourself. The bushing lube needs VERY frequent changing and it will cost you a fortune if you pay someone else to service your fork as often as you SHOULD be doing it.

Just for perspecitve, TFT (push tuner in the UK and one of the best know general MTB shock tuner/service companies) recomends doing bushing lube service every 10 - 20 hours of use. While this is most likely overkill, it will give you some idea of the regularity of service needed on ALL newer forks (with small volumes of bushing splash oil).

All the info you could ever need to perform basic service is available at Rock Shox. Videos, tech documents for all procedures, lube types and volumes, part numbers, exploded diagrams, engineering drawings, etc.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The 327 is the simplest version in the pike family. No Motion control, no floodgate, no lockout. If your pitch is an all purpose bike getting push to upgrade your pike with their custom tune damper and a motion control unit will make it a much more versatile fork.

If you're satisfied with the performance of your fork, buy the seals and just service it yourself.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The 327 is the simplest version in the pike family. No Motion control, no floodgate, no lockout. If your pitch is an all purpose bike getting push to upgrade your pike with their custom tune damper and a motion control unit will make it a much more versatile fork.

If you're satisfied with the performance of your fork, buy the seals and just service it yourself.
exactly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.