Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here riding an Enduro SL swap the fork to a 160 Fox 36/Lyrik/55ATA and shock to an RP23 or DHX? Looking for feedback.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,060 Posts
I can't think of a better fork to put on the Enduro than a Fox 36. Marz, no way.

FWIW, all 09 Enduros (with the exception of the S-Works model) will come with Fox forks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TLL said:
I can't think of a better fork to put on the Enduro than a Fox 36. Marz, no way.

FWIW, all 09 Enduros (with the exception of the S-Works model) will come with Fox forks.
Where did you hear about Fox 36 fork on the 09 SL? I wonder if they will swap out my shoty 08 e150 for free...
 

·
squish is good
Joined
·
4,933 Posts
Yeah, where did you hear that TLL? Seems strange they'd spend two years getting the e150 sorted out and then toss it.

LncNuvue - Are you having problems with the Spesh equipment still? I thought Specialized had a dealer service program to fix all the funky Enduro SL stuff for free already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
A friend of mine changed the rear shock of his Enduro SL to a DHX 5.0 coil and he was very happy with it's performance over the stock shock. He is also contemplating in replacing the fork with a Fox Van RC2.

I think either a 36 TALAS RC2 / DHX 5 air or 36 Van RC2 / DHX 5 titanium coil would be the best fork / shock combo for the Enduro SL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
BREAKING NEWS: I just spoke to my LBS and all 09 non S-Works Enduro SL will come with the Fox 32 Talas 150 QR15 fork. IMO the bike will now be too XC as the A to C on the Fox 150 is only 520mm. With the old e150 fork the bike felt like a long travel XC rig and its A to C is 540+/-

The AFR and e150 are not good IMO. I've always had issues with the performance. My Enduro SL is now a side project as I now have a new Ventana El Ciclon which is my primary rig - It's mad capable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nickgto said:
A friend of mine changed the rear shock of his Enduro SL to a DHX 5.0 coil and he was very happy with it's performance over the stock shock. He is also contemplating in replacing the fork with a Fox Van RC2.

I think either a 36 TALAS RC2 / DHX 5 air or 36 Van RC2 / DHX 5 titanium coil would be the best fork / shock combo for the Enduro SL.
DHX over RP23 - do you now how well the bike pedal with the coil?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
LncNuvue said:
DHX over RP23 - do you now how well the bike pedal with the coil?

Thanks
He preferred the way it pedaled over the stock rear shock. He did dial in the pro-pedal 2/3rd's i think from fully open. I never really bothered to try his bike myself cuz he is a skinny 140 lbs dude while I'm a fat 210 lbs clyde.
 

·
#1 Ho
Joined
·
272 Posts
Its in the 2009 spec catalogue. All Sl are losing the spec. fork.

It seems very strange and If I bought one in with the spec fork in 08 I dont really know how I would feel about that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MPauB1386 said:
Its in the 2009 spec catalogue. All Sl are losing the spec. fork.

It seems very strange and If I bought one in with the spec fork in 08 I dont really know how I would feel about that.
Mine is an 07 upgraded to 08 internals. Funny how the e150 is promoted as such a great piece of equipment then dropped after two years. Just validates all of the flaws with the design. I guess marketing can only get you so far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,060 Posts
LncNuvue said:
Where did you hear about Fox 36 fork on the 09 SL? I wonder if they will swap out my shoty 08 e150 for free...
Please note that I did not say Enduros were coming with 36's in 09. They are coming with a 150mm Fox 32mm with 15mm QR.

OP asked about putting a 36 on his bike.

My source: the Specialized '09 product lineup book, plus another source.

And to those of you harping about the Enduro becoming too XC with the Fox, well, buy a Pitch or SX trail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TLL said:
And to those of you harping about the Enduro becoming too XC with the Fox, well, buy a Pitch or SX trail.
I think it's a valid gripe - that bike warrants a Fox 36.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
I've got a Fox 36 on mine....

...but still have the Specialized shock in the rear. The shock is great, I guess the Fox rear would be fine, but I see no need for it. I got the bike as a warranty replacement on my cracked '03 Enduro (Specialized REALLY hooked me up!!) so I never had the E150. The frame came with the shock. I only got he 36 Float R, not Talas, I've had adjustable travel forks before, never used it, didn't see the need for the extra $$ for the Talas.

Rock
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tomsmoto said:
you guys think a 150mm travel bike is too xc? what the hell kind of xc trails do you ride? :lol:
Not talking about the travel, I'm talking about the riders position on the bike. The bike already has a steep seat tube with the e150. Drop the front end 25mm with the Fox 150and it's going to be very steep putting the rider even more over the handle bars. One big gripe about my Enduro SL was that the cockpit doesn't feel relaxed which makes it more XC biased. Luckily new enduro buyers will have the option to have risers under the stem, that may help. :thumbsup:
 

·
#1 Ho
Joined
·
272 Posts
SDK^ said:
Very happy I got the 08 with an E150 :)
Very glade to hear it. I would never diss anything anyone rides. Espically such a good looking bike made by a great company. I rented an 08 enduro and loved it.

Just a question I put out there. I personally just bought a left over 2008 sx frame after specialized changed the design...but I like the 08 frame better.

Either way glade to hear your enjoying your bike :thumbsup:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top