Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at picking up a 2008 enduro sl comp with a blank warranty card. I have heard specialized may require proof of purchase or would I be ok since it has a blank warranty card?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't think they require proof of purchase per say.

Whilst you could fill it out and send it to Specialized, I am dubious about if they would accept it because I thought that the bike shop you bought the bike from needs to stamp the warranty card and send it to specialized.

That is what happened at least when I bought my bike. The bike shop owner forgot to do it when I was at the store, (and his shop is far from me), so he posted the warranty card to me, and I had to send it back to him, and then he sent it off to Specialized.

If it is a used bike, then the official stance is that you get no warranty.

I look at it like, I pay more, but I get a bike for life. If in 10+ years time my frame develops a crack, or an ovalized headtube or something, then I know they will give me a new one. That is worth paying extra for a new bike.

If it is a 2008 model, can't you find any deals on new bikes, they must be blowing them out now with the 2009 lines in stock!

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
I recently made a frame warrany claim, and Specialized asked for my receipt with the serial number on it.

Their official policy is to warranty frames for the original owner only, and trying to make a claim outside of that policy would be be risky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.