Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

just wanted to share an Enduro SL experience: I made a pretty big mistake off a reasonable size drop (~10-12ft to landing) the other day, came into the landing all sideways and on the front. The impact was big enough to bend the front rim badly out of shape, at least 5 spokes came lose (although nothing broke - those rims are STRONG), yet I somehow managed to stay on avoiding a major bail into a nearby rock wall...I'm quite sure that the stiffness of the fork + the wheel combo had a large part to play in keeping my a$$ out of trouble this time. My friends were like "damn we have no idea how your bike held together on that one"...I actually tightened up the spokes and sort of re-trued the wheel to keep riding....with the original wheels, it was taco time for sure - the fork is so stiff that it won't budge.

For info, the wheels I run are Halo Freedom Rims with straight 2mm Wheelsmith spokes, laced to the original Specialized Stout 25mm hub in the front, and a Hope Pro II in the rear (36 spokes in the rear, 32 in the front).

Morale of the story: don't mess up off big drops. If you absolutely must mess up off big drops, make sure you have the right gear. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mark Weir? I thought it gave him more of a Clint Eastwood look, but Mark Weir works just as well and has the high 'cool factor' going for him just like Clint does

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.