Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

What;s comparable to the 06/07 Enduro SL but less $. I am open to used so what's the best for your $. I know I'll get a lot of opinions.

Context:
I own a 06 Stumpy FSR Disc and 06 Epic Marathon. I like them both but are similar in family. I use my Epic for climbing which is really effecient & mild ST but would like more stability on technical ST/ downhill thus selling my Stumpy. Certainly looking for more travel, quality, better geo without breaking the bank since it's a second bike - maybe break even with the Stumpy if possible. Though I still want it to be semi effecient when climbing - no walking :nono:

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
you could look at the other enduros. What's your budget? The Enduro Expert (non SX) go for around 2800 but if you bargain you can get it lower. It has 6" travel so it's definitely a step up. I currently ride an SJ FSR and that is going to be my next bike.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got a enduro comp for 1850.00. I wanted more than my trnce 2 was giving me, and this was the answer. It even climbs better than the trance. Don't know if it has to do with the head angle or what. I just know if I am going out for more than straight xc I will be taking it, instead of the trance.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The new Enduro SL is a 6" travel trail bike that weighs in at about 30lbs. If you are looking for that type of ride, I'd look at the Yeti575. It's got 5.75" of travel, is under 30lbs, and it climbs and descends extremely well. I've had mine now for 4 months and it's amazed me at how well it handles everything. I've said this before.....There are bikes that climb better and there are bikes that descend better but there aren't many that can do both as well as the Yeti 575 can. Definitely one of the best all around trail bikes out there.

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
The aluminium pro is 28lbs the carbon ones about half a pound less. I'll be able to compare this bike with the 575 and 06 s-works enduro. In the next few weeks, It promises to be better than both. if it is then it will be a super bike.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
804 Posts
catnash said:
The aluminium pro is 28lbs the carbon ones about half a pound less. I'll be able to compare this bike with the 575 and 06 s-works enduro. In the next few weeks, It promises to be better than both. if it is then it will be a super bike.:thumbsup:
The actual weights are around 30lbs. There's a thread over in the specialized forum and those who have them state the weight around 30. Check it out. The Enduro SL is one hot looking bike! :D

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
jeremyp111 said:
The actual weights are around 30lbs. There's a thread over in the specialized forum and those who have them state the weight around 30. Check it out. The Enduro SL is one hot looking bike! :D
If you look closer they are the 'experts' the 'pros in large are a tad over 28lbs, mine will be a small and lighter cause of masterpice post lighter tires etc. I think my build with PIKE and XL's on the 575 was about the same weight.
:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.