Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has been able to fit a 2.55 Weirwolf LT on the rear of their Enduro SL while not rubbing the front derailleur when in the granny gear. How about a 2.5 Weirwolf?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead an ordered a 2.55 LT for the front. I'll let you know how that works. I found some pictures, I think in SJenson's page that show his SL w/ 2.5 ww's front and rear, so I doubt it'll be a problem.

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
I run Minion DHF/DHR in 2.5....but they are probably more like a 2.4 in other brands. I still have a couple of mm to spare to the front derailleur (although I have a BB-mounted chainguide, which moved my chain line out 2mm, for which I did not adjust the derailleur...what I am saying is that if you absolutely want to run a tire that is having clearance issues with the FD, you could always get a spacer for the BB and adjust the FD min screw to give you the extra clearance...the price to pay would be a slightly modified chainline but it has not been causing me any real grief...).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.