Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

too much? what i figure is that the stock enduro had a 150mm fork and a headset with a huge crown race which would put the a2c at roughly the same amount as a 160mm fork. the general rule is +20mm travel for a given frame is ok. warranty is done so that's not an issue and i'm not hammering down dh trails on a daily or even weekly basis. maybe 4-5 times a year i'll get out to the bike park. i had it setup for a day at the park earlier with 160mm air fork and air shock and while it did alright, the extra little bit would definitely be nice.

so here it is with coil suspension. 2010 fox dhx rc2/2011 fox 36 180 rc2

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
it's not a talas. it's a regular van 180 with new uppers. i'm using a king headset now.

here it is with 160mm float. the chainstay is still angled upward, so it's not too far off with 180mm. static bb height isn't really anything to go by, as more sag with the coil shock puts it right around where it would be with less sag for am riding.

HA should now be around 65.5 - 66 but the STA is now probably 71. static bb height is 14.5 and wheelbase is 46 1/4".

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sweet. Yeah with the 180 fork though I'm afraid the wrong landing or hit some rough stuff just right might fracture the headtube. I've been debating for the past month to either upgrade my enduro(fork, rims, hubs) or put the money into a dh bike. And every time I feel like I've made a decision, I come to realize I haven't.

·
Registered
890 Posts
^ How did it ride with the 180mm fork on it? I was thinking the same thing with the headset, if I could get a zero stack or an integrated one, you can cut off about 1/4 of an inch off the axle to crown height.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ How did it ride with the 180mm fork on it? I was thinking the same thing with the headset, if I could get a zero stack or an integrated one, you can cut off about 1/4 of an inch off the axle to crown height.
PRETTY SWEET. it didn't feel like there was too much travel and it was capable of climbing pretty well, too. i have a king headset so it's not the lowest stack height on the market.

·
Registered
890 Posts
PRETTY SWEET. it didn't feel like there was too much travel and it was capable of climbing pretty well, too. i have a king headset so it's not the lowest stack height on the market.
Nice, yeah I'm considering a '12 marzocchi 55 rc3 evo ti, 170mm or a '12 fox 36 van or talas 180. I keep telling myself to just invest the money into a DH bike, but something keeps telling me to just upgrade my enduro. So I keep going back and forth.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice, yeah I'm considering a '12 marzocchi 55 rc3 evo ti, 170mm or a '12 fox 36 van or talas 180. I keep telling myself to just invest the money into a DH bike, but something keeps telling me to just upgrade my enduro. So I keep going back and forth.
if i could get a 160/180 talas, it would be the only fork i'd need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.